Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pictures of Phoenix Arizona taken by Bill Cobb
Phoenix will have a much better skyline in a couple of years because the city is so young.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Will PHX really have a better skyline in a few years? I mean most of the surrounding area is already developed into parking lots and other low rise structures.

·
WoyaoDaJb
941 Posts
Nah, doubt it will ever have a big skyline, i mean, since the density is so low and everyone lives so far from DT, it just doesn't make sence for anyone wanting to commute that far, new office will be located around the suburb, as for accomadations, more sprawl of course.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It will have a better skyline because of all the new development and they got LRT is going to be completed in 2008. Here are few of some developments.

44 Monroe 400ft but with the crown might add 50ft

Summit at Copper Square 250ft
http://www.loveurbanliving.com/loft%20listings/Summitpic_sm.jpg[IMG] Sheraton Hotel 360ft
[IMG]http://www.visitphoenix.com/assets/whatsnew/sheraton_day_hi.jpg

plus all the asu dorms and classrooms

·
Registered
84 Posts
Phoenix may not be very impressive in pictures, but...

^^
Postcards don't do justice to Phoenix. I've walked the entire downtown and I must say it is one of the most pedestrian friendly cities with a population over 1,000,000.
People cannot say they've seen America until they've been to Phoenix (the fifth largest city in America).

I went downtown on a Saturday and the city was a ghost town-- I didn't see a single human being OR CAR in over an hour!
Very eerie--but it was cool having a city of 1.5 million all to myself.:)

The architectural diversity is substantial considering how recently Phoenix became a major city (the population was 107,000 in 1950 and 5,544 in 1900 :eek:hno:).

To enjoy the hidden charms of downtown Phoenix, one must tour the city on foot.

BTW, make sure to go in the Winter--the daytime weather is very mild: 20-25 C (68-77 F) and SUNNY everyday! :banana:

·
Banned
2,862 Posts
Western United State cities are so different in essence! They always have a touch of L.A in everything: sprawling, a few high rises in the so called downtown area and a "I don't know what" in the settings (maybe in the air, our the mountains and deserts...)...And all of these things make those cities my favorites in the US...Phoenix among them. Congratulations and thanks for the pictures!:cheers:

·
Registered
物の哀れ
27,055 Posts
Western United State cities are so different in essence! They always have a touch of L.A in everything: sprawling, a few high rises in the so called downtown area and a "I don't know what" in the settings (maybe in the air, our the mountains and deserts...)...And all of these things make those cities my favorites in the US...Phoenix among them. Congratulations and thanks for the pictures!:cheers:
Las Vegas is pretty much the same but twice as small!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I am new with this SkyscraperCity site. I don't know what you guys are missing. Phoenix is a great place to live and visit. We have beautiful sunset in Phoenix Arizona. -http://www.arizonaguide.com/

Here are some cool pictures I found.

world tallest fountain

·
Registered
111 Posts
yeah...defenetly don't go during the summer!!!Temps over 100F every single day..
Arizona Summer sometime get so hot. After you get used to the Summer temperature, then you'll not feel hot. If the temperature is 106, then it will feel like mid 90's. It get hot around noon, then it will cool down. There is no humid in Phoenix Arizona. We have dry air and sometime warm wind at night... Phoenix is not far from forest and it only take 90 miles north to Prescott.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts