Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed this banner on the wall of city cross (rundle mall side) saying "phoenix outdoor, coming soon". Is this going to be a store for city cross or hopefully :banana: an outdoor screen for rundle mall?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The owners of City Cross got council approval for a big screen a few years ago (back when Hardly Normals was built). It never happened, for some reason.
Well thats interesting because i quite frequently go to rundle mall and i have noticed that the sign is pretty new!!, so maybe its finally got the go ahead? i tried searching the company but havnt found anything, but anyways would be really cool to have it happen, cause it might start a trend along with rundle convergence!!

·
6,606 Posts
On that note, some of the more modern buildings in Rundle Mall do need a bit of tarting up. A few well placed ‘tasteful’ billboards would help, such as all over the Target car park or the west side of Renascence Tower (aka Toys R Us).

·
Registered
10,666 Posts
On that note, some of the more modern buildings in Rundle Mall do need a bit of tarting up. A few well placed ‘tasteful’ billboards would help, such as all over the Target car park or the west side of Renascence Tower (aka Toys R Us).
The problem with Renascence is that billboards would attract more attention to its ugliness.

No amount of flashy lights will cover up shocking mistakes like said building.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh dear the toys r us building!! that thing really has to go, i really think that the end of rundle mall ending at telstra store really needs some work, the only thing keeping it kinda nice is the "Live" store. I think that the store or bank either one dont rember whats there? just before the intersection crossing to target, should be replaced with some highend fashion flagship store, like Louis Vuitton! They have that in Queen St Mall in Brisbane as one of the first stores as you enter the mall, and i think its really effective. I think thats what they need to do with Rundle Mall have really good stores at each ends of the mall and scap the crapy stores, because at the moment each end of rundle mall is daggy and cold, with cheap tacky stores here and there!!! Though lastly i think that a times sq type thing would work better in between rundle mall and hindley street, rather than the target and HJ's parking area!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts