Votes: 1 100.0%
  • 3 or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
https://www.skyscrapercenter.com/complex/1249

http://inhabitat.com/interconnected...orlds-tallest-pair-of-towers-upon-completion/

From inhabitat.com "The Phoenix Towers, designed in cooperation between Chetwood Architects and HuaYan Group, are expected to be built on a 47-hectare site on an island within a lake in the city of Wuhan in China. They are expected to reach the height of 1km, catching up with Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture-designed Kingdom Tower in Jeddah; they would be the tallest pair of towers in the world.

Inspired by the symbol of the Chinese Phoenix, which combines male and female principles in perfect balance, the architects designed two interdependent towers. The “male” one (Feng) feeds the “female” (Huang) with renewable energy and together they act as a beacon of sustainability in the area.

The Phoenix Towers are outfitted with wind turbines, solar panels, thermal chimneys and rainwater harvesting systems and they will act as an “environmental catalyst” to re-invigorate the city of Wuhan."

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,441 Posts
i wanted to open this thread this morning, but was only on phone, so you beat me to it. Anyway, this is most likely vision and a really really conceptual design, even on SSP it got into a thread and they called it never build although the design is only out since two days. i love the design though and would be more than amazed to see this becoming a reality.

also two more pictures showing the structure, which is another indicator of the unlikelyness of the project.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
^^

@ zavatar

I agree, its reminds me of a similar arcology design that was supposed to be built in Moscow but never came through. I think it was called the diamond tower.

If any country is going to pull off an arcology feat of this scale though its China.

This and sky city I am hoping for.

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,441 Posts
yeah, no way this gets build with the planets in between and all that stuff. and the usage for the height seems not really that profitable. not sure what the arrows in the last picture mean though, might be some kind of updraft tower and we know that these things have to be that tall to actually work.

·
whitest boy in the delta
13,441 Posts
^^

@ zavatar

I agree, its reminds me of a similar arcology design that was supposed to be built in Moscow but never came through. I think it was called the diamond tower.

If any country is going to pull off an arcology feat of this scale though its China.

This and sky scraper city I am hoping for.
it's not an arcology, more like just a power plant, can't really see any living space, office now hotel. i am hoping they have an observation deck, but other than that it is basically a power plant.

"Insect Hotels"
yes that indeed is a thing

·
Derp?
2,193 Posts
Christ what a monstrosity :lol:
One word is sufficient in response to it (although it can't be repeated often enough):

1 - 20 of 122 Posts