SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Thanx

Thanx for the pix, they areb great, maybe you need to add Khalifa Sport Stadium pics which will be opened in tow or three weeks for the Emir cup final match, also You forgot to add the Mall, Landmark & Hayat Plaza shopping Centrs.

·
Registered
701 Posts
nice pics man. Doha has really changed since I was there years ago! Anyway who is the Al Fardan family. Im hearing their name everywhere! Are they quite big in Qatar?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Skyline-BRN said:
nice pics man. Doha has really changed since I was there years ago! Anyway who is the Al Fardan family. Im hearing their name everywhere! Are they quite big in Qatar?

AL-Fardan family is a very rich family, mostly owned by Hussain AL-Fardan and his sons, most of there work was on jewelery and diamonds, in the past they were dealing with pearls. Now they are going in all buisnesses, from cars (BMW, Mini, Bentley) to buildings (The pearl Iseland, Al-Fardan Towers under construction), Hussain AL-Fardan is also a very generous man, I heared about the donations he makes not only in Qatar but India & Pakistan, I don't know where else he makes donations. Sadely no body is perfect.

·
It is north-way here
67 Posts
When will the major constructions be somehow finished??
I assume most of the capital is a huge construction site.

Is a visit to Qatar around 2007-2008 a good idea??

·
Registered
59 Posts
northway said:
What is this building?? seems very nice.

Hey Northway!

First, a disclaimer: I'm nowhere near a Qatar expert. But I'm pretty sure that the last picture, the distinctive pyramid-shaped structure is the Sheraton Doha.

Maybe Blackforest can do all of us a favor by re-editing his posts to include captions. Great pictures by the way!

A better view:

1 - 20 of 47 Posts