SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Banned
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi i am living in saudi arabia and i want to know how was qatar back in the 80's by this i mean how modern was it, saudi arabia has been a modern a country since the 60's and by 80's saudi was the most modern and technology advanced country in the middle east, how different was Qatar?

·
Fairouzy
7,872 Posts
Pish-REZ-pash said:
hey don't look at me it aint my problem if the sources aren't used to sandpits :runaway:
What are you talking about? What's wrong with normal English without all the metaphores?

·
Registered
201 Posts
Let's see. Not much to do. I was born in 81. No traffic jams. I remember the small Salam Shopping Center on the Corniche, The Center (Markaz), an indoor amusement park I don't remember on what street, and the beautiful zoo. The best part of it was that almost everyone knew everyone else, and there was respect for the elders. It was and still is a beautiful country.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Halawala said:
What are you talking about? What's wrong with normal English without all the metaphores?
actually I remeber a pilot once told me back then that Doha used to be one of the most boring night-stops in the old Gulf Air network. I don't know how much of that has changed but from what u guys claim it might have changed alot

·
2,424 Posts
UAE said:
hi i am living in saudi arabia and i want to know how was qatar back in the 80's by this i mean how modern was it, saudi arabia has been a modern a country since the 60's and by 80's saudi was the most modern and technology advanced country in the middle east, how different was Qatar?
Wow, most modern and technologically advanced, that sounds like a stretch..

·
Registered
733 Posts
Pish-REZ-pash said:
actually I remeber a pilot once told me back then that Doha used to be one of the most boring night-stops in the old Gulf Air network. I don't know how much of that has changed but from what u guys claim it might have changed alot
That is true. Doha used to be depressing. Not anymore, thank god.

·
Banned
442 Posts
"pray with me that i'll succeed in turning abu dhabi into a paradise just like qatar"
sheikh zayed to his people, after returning from a visit to qatar late 60's.

·
Banned
7,953 Posts
now we have almost 2or3 twins with the expansion of citycenter hotels and ramada hotel and commercial bank plaza tower i think wer doing great!!!

·
2,424 Posts
You have lots of towers coming up, which is really cool, but do u have that many tourist attractions?? New tourism projects..!?

·
Registered
733 Posts
^^^We have cool projects like Lusail, Al-Khore resort and the Pearl-Qatar. These are huge touristic and residential projects.

·
2,424 Posts
Yeah but like other than going to really nice beaches, when these projects are ready, and walking by nice promenades and waterfronts, what is there to do...

·
Registered
201 Posts
What is there to do? Shopping, hanging out with friends, boating, driving, studying, working, watching TV, surfing the internet, investing in the stock market, going to museums, going to the cinema, tracking your car at the racetrack, going to restaurants, going to clubs, (soon hopefully going to an amusement park), etc...
Pretty much a lot to do if you have friends.

·
Registered
733 Posts
^^Qatar is just like any other country on earth. It has cool places and bad places. It could be fun depending on your interests. I personally love Qatar and whenever I'd go whenever I get a break

·
Banned
7,953 Posts
well we have this roumer that qatar/doha signedup to have the olympics 2016. any way we will have the asian games 2006 this year so its cool..... 2008 bejeng/china 2012 london/united kingdome 2016 doha/qatar

did you know doha is the first city in the arabian zone to take the asian games or eny thing like worledcup and olympics.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts