Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
make it so...
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in an effort to ensure that all northeastern cities get a fair amount of exposure here, we want to avoid one or two cities over crowding all others out. instead of posting 3 threads with 10 or 12 pictures in each, consolidate them into a single thread with 30 or so.

it's only fair that everyone get a chance to post threads of their city without being crowded out of the first page so quickly by multiple threads from the same poster.

·
make it so...
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
okay...who is the one who is being a cry baby?
no one. it is something i noticed and only an issue becuase this forum is dominated by buffalo. i like the buffalo pictures but we to balance them out with other cities.

yes. others need to get out there and take pics but the ones that do and post a thread often have it cycle into the second page and into oblivion within the first day. that's discouraging and it happens a lot on SSC. this is the main reason why i focus on posting my photo threads over at SSP. i posted a providence thread here last year and only got a few replies and while it was up to two pages at SSP.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
well you have to ask yourself...what cities are big on SSC and what are big on SSP?

Buffalo, Baltimore, Rochester, Pittsburgh...bigger here

Cleveland, Philly, Boston....bigger on SSP.

thats the issue.

if you have nobody on the site (or very few) to view the photos with interest...the thread will die...if you are shooting a city that has 20 or 30 members calling it home (either on SSP or SSC) it will be a bigger hit.

Hasselhoff sells records in Sweden...because they appreciate his work, unlike in the USA.

you don't sell a knife to a shootout...do you? :)

·
Registered
186 Posts
Totally agree with BuffCity here. The main problem with other cities being seemingly ignored is due to a lack of interest, following, of that city on this forum. Plain and simple.

·
make it so...
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
that's unfortunate becuase that kind of sentiment takes away from this subforum and tells would be posters from other cities: don't even bother.

back to my providence thread, there are may be two forumers from there on both here and SSP but SSP'ers were more open photo thread beyond their own cities. SSC'ers tend to be more provincial.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
I dunno...if we reduce posting...awaiting the arrival of so many new forumers, what happens if some influx never occurs?

If people are getting creeped out by all the current topics and locations...they need to get in and start posting...only by posting 'their' city will SSC attract new members from new cities.

But...to ask the current membership to draw back? no way...then you risk our leaving for other sites.

we should be encouraging posting and exploring the other places on the SSC boards...cities and topics...that would be the right way to address this issue.

:)

·
Told you so...
4,014 Posts
What he said. Sounds like a chicken and egg problem.

Then again, I think there is some amount of member "turnover". Some which may have frequented alot don't contribute anymore while newer ones have come out of the woodwork. That's probably going to continue and you're going to have roughly the same net result no matter what happens.

·
Registered
7,536 Posts
There is also a section known as Cityscapes and Skyline Images where some can put pics of their hometowns.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
that idea works better on SSP.

atleast from what I see, photo threads of US cities what are not (NYC, Chicago or LA) seem to get very few hits...they tend to run regional in the forums.

SSP is a little more USA based, atleast more north american...so it works better there.

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Oh I don't know. If people are not seeing the threads it is because they are not interested. Some of My Buffalo threads don't even get comments from the Buffalo crowd. Not enough skyscrapers I guess.

·
make it so...
6,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thats because this is the first time Buffalo's recieved attetion for anything.
who cares. it can get attention (it does at SSP too) without overcrowding other cities. i like viewing buffalo threads but i want to see other cities as well. we just need forumers from those other NE cities to feel that people will interested in their pictures.

And Niagara Falls is not Buffalo
i never mentioned niagara falls have i?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.