SkyscraperCity banner

5301 - 5320 of 8015 Posts

·
Registered
27,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,301
Nera Gorges - Beușnița National Park

NERA GORGES - BEUȘNIȚA NATIONAL PARK

In three days I will be myself in these places and if I manage to return safe, you should expect my photos here. Not yet decided if I will go to Anina Mountains (from where these images are) or perhaps Țarcu Mountains, though.

·
Registered
27,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,303
Timișoara by me

TIMIȘOARA BY ME

Ion Mihalache Street, Fabric District - an atmospheric corner of this large working class neighborhood developed from first half of 18th century and reaching the peak around fin de siècle, when managed to become home to almost half of city's entire population (around 60,000), as a consequence of massive industrialisation

Ion Mihalache Street, Fabric District by Carpathianland, on Flickr

·
Registered
27,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,307
Incredible Europe: wilderness of Piatra Craiului National Park

INCREDIBLE EUROPE: THE WILDERNESS OF PIATRA CRAIULUI NATIONAL PARK

If you are going to tell to the average, uninformed citizen of the planet that Europe has natural areas as wild but more spectacular and more pleasantful than Yellowstone or other famous intact natural areas of the world, he/she will laugh, but is true. Piatra Craiului is just one of the many such areas in Romania. Here in Carpathians, a fabulous treasure of precious ecosystems, lush jungle, mirific landscapes await to be discovered by the rest of world, together with an equally incredible treasure of traditinional, archaic rural cultures belonging to a mosaic of ethnicites and religions.

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
27,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,308

·
Registered
27,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,317
TUTANA MONASTERY, ARGEȘ COUNTY, MUNTENIA

A 14th century hermitage previously existed here and in 15th century it was turned into a monastery, a first church being built some years before 1500. The present surrounding walls are from 1508 and the present church dates from 1582.

DS_20160604_1234064 Mânăstirea Tutana by Diana Serban, on Flickr

·
Registered
27,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,318
Bărăgan Steppe

BĂRĂGAN STEPPE

The Bărăgan is a steppe plain (~ 15,000 km²) that makes up much of the eastern part of the Wallachian Plain. Due to lack of forest in the past, the Baragan was an important route for the migratory peoples who roamed the area that is south-eastern Romania today.
The Bărăgan Plain has a harsh climate with hot and dry summers and includes the location where the highest-ever temperature in Romania was recorded (44.5 °C). Winters are cold, and subject to the effects of a blizzard wind, known as "crivăţ". Due to its climate, is the most inhospitable area in Romania.

P1100848 by Simon Kooger, on Flickr

·
Registered
27,420 Posts
Discussion Starter #5,320
Bucegi Mountains

BUCEGI MOUNTAINS

The most visited mountains in Romania are also the location of the highest bear density in Europe: 124 bears live on 300 km². Strict measures are taken to reduce the humanisation of these bears and they live mostly in natural, wild condition, finding their food in forest.

Sentinel by Arminio Andrei, on Flickr

5301 - 5320 of 8015 Posts