SkyscraperCity Forum banner
2381 - 2400 of 3337 Posts

·
Registered
356 Posts
Above Lake Union

So I've had this Rhino model of Seattle for a few years that I've been updating regularly with basic massing and any details I could find of Seattle's proposed and under construction towers and major projects. After several years of procrastination I've finally gotten around to converting it into the files to import into Google Earth!
(this required opening each building in sketchup and then exporting each without any hidden geometry into google earth... It took all weekend, but less than remaking each model in sketchup at least)
I tried uploading the KMZ file into the google earth browser and it seems to be scaled incorrectly... But it looks like it works fine into the google earth desktop application?
Please try it out on your computer, it's very cool to orbit about and see the changes and please let me know if it works! In the meantime I'm going to post several iconic views screen grabs...
(also i recommend just going to flickr and thumbing through, totally works better than scrolling!)
The grey buildings are completed, yellow is under construction, light red is proposed and dark red is rumors or estimated massing.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/khh5umr7ogs6ede/Seattle Development Index 20180122.kmz?dl=0
Above Lake Union 2015 by David Boynton, on Flickr
Above Lake Union Completed by David Boynton, on Flickr
Above Lake Union Construction by David Boynton, on Flickr
Above Lake Union Proposed by David Boynton, on Flickr
Above Lake Union Rumors and Massing by David Boynton, on Flickr

·
Registered
101 Posts
Well that was fast!
Wow...fantastic job! I started dabbling and posting some Sketchup Google Earth renderings, but you took it all the way!

Not sure if you want to post some of these to revive the City Visualizations thread (below). But if you may be doing some more, than it might be an idea so these don't get buried in the photos thread.

Great job!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1882516

2381 - 2400 of 3337 Posts