SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I've been lucky enough to do a heap of flying recently in and out of Jandakot... I know this is the wrong place to post these pictures but the current pictures thread is way too long and this would overload it for the time being.

I've tried to take photos of relevant stuff :) Let me know if you want high resi of any of these.

So maybe these could be moved in at a later date or to their respective forums?

Cheers

ARDROSS

SOUTHERN SUBURBS

GARDEN ISLAND

PERTH TO BUNBURY HIGHWAY WORKS, MANDURAH IN BACKGROUND

SKYLINE FROM THE EAST

SOUTH EASTERN CORRIDOR

BULL CREEK AND CANNING

PERTH TO FREO AND WESTERN BURBS

SKYLINE FROM THE NORTH 1

SKYLINE FROM THE NORTH 2

SKYLINE FROM THE NORTH 3, Could be used to draw developments on?

FLYING OVER THE CITY: Century City Looks Great :)

MURDOCH STATION

ROCKINGHAM

MANDURAH

FREO

CRAWLEY

SKYLINE AND KINGS PARK

TRAIN AT CANNING BRIDGE STATION

NEW ROE HIGHWAY INTERCHANGE: Public Art from the air

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have downed the resol'n and size for the web, if you want clearer ones let me know. Its pretty hard to take photos in a very small bumpy RFDS plane with a point/shoot 7megapixel camera with ppl bleeding everywhere as well.. also the windows are pretty messy when returning from Meeka and Kal etc haha

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Yeah I have downed the resol'n and size for the web, if you want clearer ones let me know. Its pretty hard to take photos in a very small bumpy RFDS plane with a point/shoot 7megapixel camera with ppl bleeding everywhere as well.. also the windows are pretty messy when returning from Meeka and Kal etc haha
please do if can...i'd love to see the proper images...very rarly do we see Perth from the air on this scale.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm ok here are a few! Sorry they are massive in size, maybe Alvse, Hayds or Goran could edit them to make them look pretty? :) Its not really my department..

Edit: Crap imageshack not letting me put the full size up.. hmm maybe tomoz ill sort something out

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Have another three days of flying.. will try to get some more if the weather is good. Just wish I could take Alvse up to get some amazing shots as I sit in the cockpit :)

·
Single, looking to mingle
10,616 Posts
are you doing a flight training course or something john?

great pics. the skyline looks so tiny from the air it always makes it look patheticaly small.

the waterways of perth are stunning though.

how cool is that freo north port photo! can you imagine the islands?!

·
phototaker
2,028 Posts
How long does it take to fly from perth the mandurah? 10 - 15mins? Awesome Photos!!

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
How long does it take to fly from perth the mandurah? 10 - 15mins? Awesome Photos!!
About 15 minutes (half the time to bunbury).. hardest part is that you have to take off north then turn around which takes most of the time :)

·
Perth's Beach
3,387 Posts
Sweet Pix John!!

Just looking at this pic makes you fume when you get comments that don't make much sense from people like PCC councillor Chris Hardy who wants to keep the St Georges Terrace alignment for talls to remain.You got to ask yourself WHY???? You can't but think how out of touch some people in high places are..GRRR!

·
Single, looking to mingle
10,616 Posts
Yeh and if you book it, do it through me cos I get commission for the same price. I book a couple of these every week.

I can shout pints at the pub in return. :)

www.west-oz.com/viewdetails.asp?id=20382

Perth Tour 1: Perth City Special (5 minutes) Tailored $70.00
Fabulous views of the Swan River, Kings Park, Northbridge, CBD, Heirisson Island and Burswood. Great for young and old. Tour timing to be confirmed.

Perth Tour 2: Fremantle Flyer (15 minutes) $165.00
Spectacular panoramic views of Perth City, Kings Park along the Swan River to historic Fremantle and return. Take in the panorama of worlds most remote capital city. Our most popular flight.

Perth Tour 3: Scenic Beaches Flight (30 minutes) $275.00
An exhilarating flight out over the city to the north all the way up to Sorrento. Skim down the beaches to Fremantle returning along the Swan River. Fly over Hillarys Boat Harbour, Scarborough, Cottesloe, Fremantle, Kings Park and Perth City. An extra special experience.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts