SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
CENTRALIAN BY HEART
429 Posts
Piccadilly Circus for sure ... haven't been to other squares mentioned above.

·
Registered Abuser
17,047 Posts
In reality shibuya wins by mile....but since im part english...some pics of Piccadilly circus and the surrounding area!

Old Picadilly...

Today...

Vodafone sign....First interactive sign in europe!

http://www.vodafone-piccadilly.co.uk/
Official website of the sign...you can write massages that will be put on the sign for free....and watch it appear on the webcam!

The new Coca Cola sign....the second interactive sign in europe and the worlds longest billboard!

·
Banned
14,131 Posts
Okay everyone ... in the past, threads involving these places have caused some MAJOR arguments and trolling, so please - try to keep this discussion civilized. If there's any name-calling, abusive comments or personal insults, this thread is closed immediately. I'm just warning you in advance.

·
Registered Abuser
17,047 Posts

I got my message on the huge vodafone sign in London...

I read...

'HI EDDY HOWS IT HANGING?.....EDDY

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hmmm...this is a very tough one. They are all great. I'll pick later.

·
Against ID Cards
9,799 Posts
I like the fact that Piccadilly circus has modern electronic billboards with beautiful old buildings. But for most vibrant and most full of neon etc it has to be shibuya.

·
Registered
571 Posts
JDRS said:
I like the fact that Piccadilly circus has modern electronic billboards with beautiful old buildings. But for most vibrant and most full of neon etc it has to be shibuya.
That's exactly what I was thinking.

·
NW London baby!
4,861 Posts
Times Square is a bit rubbish to be honest my vote goes Shibuya. PC is great but it's a bit small compared to the rest to be a realistic competitor, maybe if you included Leicester Square and Regents Street then defo.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Times square is impressive because of the height of the buildings in the area. you get a neat canyon effect going but the place is toooooo damn touristy and full of little teens.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Shibuya, in Tokyo is the most impresionant, but Times Square and Piccadilly Circus are more popular.

---------------------------------------------Kanji, aho bajo

·
SSLL
8,354 Posts
Where are pics of Causeway Bay and Times Square? I think Piccadilly is the least retail oriented, and Causeway Bay the most. It's interesteing how each one has a non-traditional/non-grid space. Piccadilly Circus is all wonky, Times Square is like a triangle-y thingy, Shibuya is the meeting of non-perpindicular streets...I'm not too sure about Causeway Bay though. How about Toronto's Yonge-Dundas Square?

·
EOS 40D
2,108 Posts
If I had to pick a place to hang out with all my lads, Shibu-ya.

·
Registered Idiot
1,671 Posts
Well since this lacks a poll, and isnt in city vs city anymore I think it is appropriate to talk about other cities now.

Toronto's Dundas Square is supposed to look like this, problem is the builders of the largest(and most spectacular) building on the right are incompotent, and as it stands that building is just a delayed hole in the ground that might not be built for years if ever...the LG sign, and the others are currently there though.

What could've been, hopefully one day it will realize its potential.

What there is now

Toronto's whole Yonge street is lined with neon and craziness.

·
Banned
274 Posts
piccadily circus? terribly underwhelming compared to the others. definitely NOT. :|

times square easily.... and GINZA/shibuya for the pedestrian density.

toronto's dundas square is a pretty cheesy 'times square' wannabe.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.