SkyscraperCity banner

2001 - 2020 of 5475 Posts

·
10th February 2008
58,807 Posts
Told you.

Now where's City of Gold with my £50?

And mine. ka-ching! :colgate:

What a good week to bury bad news. Firstly Gravity gets approved, then the first crane appears at Mediacity, then Ballymore confirm Eastgate buyout and possible January start and finally BSC are disconnected from their free Manchester electricity supply. :banana:

·
Registered
4,060 Posts
And mine. ka-ching! :colgate:

What a good week to bury bad news. Firstly Gravity gets approved, then the first crane appears at Mediacity, then Ballymore confirm Eastgate buyout and possible January start and finally BSC are disconnected from their free Manchester electricity supply. :banana:
We've had a year of relative calm. It seems the wait has been worth it.

·
Salford Red
1,561 Posts
Some of these conflicting reports are confusing me. Some suggest that the hotel is in the tower, other suggest that there is no hotel in the tower at all, rather it is in one of the smaller blocks.

Is the tower residential, or is it mixed use?

·
Salford Red
1,561 Posts
You shouldn't publicly post e-mail addresses of people Longford, it's not on!

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Yeah, its a bit naughty. You should at least break up the address so he doesn't get spammed to death.

Weasty, I've heard nothing to suggest that the hotel isn't in the tower and as Isaid earlier, the phase two apartments count is exactly that originally quoted for the 2 smaller blocks combined.

·
Salford Red
1,561 Posts
Weasty, I've heard nothing to suggest that the hotel isn't in the tower and as Isaid earlier, the phase two apartments count is exactly that originally quoted for the 2 smaller blocks combined.
I mean these comments:

It will include 420 apartments in phase one. The second development phase will see a further 267 residential units added as well as a 220 bedroom luxury hotel. A 700 car capacity underground car park will also be built.
This is what is confusing me. Which part is the tower? Phase 1 or phase 2? If phase 2 is the tower, people are getting rather over excited.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
check here. http://www.inacitytower.co.uk/

I appreciate this may have changed slightly but the tower consists of a 220 bed hotel and 430 apartments. The apartments are above the tower so they can't build them without building the hotel space. None of the new newspaper articles mention any spreading of the floors between the 3 buildings.

I think listing their hotel as part of the second development just helps them save any chance of a little emabrrassment if they haven't secured the hotel operator by the time the tower starts to rise. Nobody's going to complain if they get one and bring it forward though.

Could you have a floor plan for the hotel rooms without having an operator to ask if they are satisfied with them? They already seem to know exactly how many rooms are in it. Can they build a shell of a hotel and rooms specualtively and then flog it as is?

Either way I'm sure one of difficulties of winning an operator for these things is there's nothing tangible there to sell. If the building is under construction they wouldn't need to worry about expensive contracts and feasibility studies and then having things fall through and the building never built. The shiny building in Piccadilly place (3?) sold itself twice since construction began and its still not finished yet.

·
Administrator
34,220 Posts
Ballymore has taken a 95% interest in the Piccadilly Tower project, a 1 million square feet (93,000 square m) mixed use development. In addition to the Piccadilly Tower, there will be two lower buildings on the site. The project has been designed by Woods Bagot architects. The project was previously jointly owned by Merepark and M2Evolve which obtained detailed planning approval. Merepark is exiting to concentrate on other schemes in the region while M2Evolve will retain a 5% interest.
todays news from ballymore's PR

·
Administrator
34,220 Posts
haha. yes, well its set up to email me the press releases at 6am. only problem is its yesterdays the day after. gits. i need to work out how to change the wire timing.i guess i wont post the very high res renderings either then.

2001 - 2020 of 5475 Posts