SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Cool - I was looking for a friend I figured who might be there (since he's gay) but didn't see him, oh well - Columbia is a big town though...

·
Registered
403 Posts
LoL oh jeez. Well, interesting man; very interesting...

·
Registered
403 Posts
What exactly goes on at those parades?

·
lagom
1,537 Posts
yea the Shriners don't have Grannie trannies or roughneck lesbians. I've only been to a few gay pride parades never any shriners.

·
Gamecocks&Skyscrapers fan
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Shriners just wear funnier outfits, lol. What goes on...some floats, groups marching with banners or floats, lots of flags, balloons, marching bands, park vendors and entertainment. Most importantly its the one day of the year that gay and lesbian people are in the majority and its a jolly good time.

·
Registered
67 Posts
ykes the ***** !! :jk:

it looks better than our pride festivities here in louisville. we don't even get a parade. :no:

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
TheBrad said:
Cool - I was looking for a friend I figured who might be there (since he's gay) but didn't see him, oh well - Columbia is a big town though...
We prefer to think of it as a small city... :)

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
There is no gay pride in New Orleans..it was tried, but, it just didn't work out...gays here are just too laid back and don't really care to do a major celebration....I guess the celebration here would be Southern Decadence during the Labor Day weekend. That draws over 150,000 gays to New Orleans.

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
great pics. i think i recognize one woman. when people complain about how conservative and evil sc is, i'll refer them to your pics.

-

·
lagom
1,537 Posts
Sean in New Orleans said:
There is no gay pride in New Orleans..it was tried, but, it just didn't work out...gays here are just too laid back and don't really care to do a major celebration....I guess the celebration here would be Southern Decadence during the Labor Day weekend. That draws over 150,000 gays to New Orleans.
^^
I've seen pictures from Southern Decadence.... dirty naughty boys in the streets.

·
Registered
102 Posts
jase8 said:
ykes the ***** !! :jk:

it looks better than our pride festivities here in louisville. we don't even get a parade. :no:

yeah ours here in norfolk doesnt have a parade either ... but its a nice size -er- cookout type thing.

·
Gamecocks&Skyscrapers fan
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LSyd said:
great pics. i think i recognize one woman. when people complain about how conservative and evil sc is, i'll refer them to your pics.

-
LOL, and tell them there is a gay strip club across the street from the state capitol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts