Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Australian EU in London!
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

just thought I'd post some pics I had taken during my recent holiday. They are large, so beware all you non-broadband people! Apologies for the crappy quality. Hope you enjoy :).

View from my hotel room balcony in Spring Hill, looking out west along the Brisbane river:

From same position, looking out to Mount Coottha:

Riparian Plaza in all its almost-finished glory!

Brissy Square:

The big Q on the Gold Coast:

And another one just for the hell of it:

Circle On Cavill (how massive is it!):

Oh sweet Melbourne! :)

RDT from the Shrine:

Awesome view of the CBD skyline from my friend's place in South Melbourne:

And more of the same:

Last but not least, the CBD skyline from Holloway Bend at Brighton Beach:

·
Australian EU in London!
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Muse said:
Thanks Ozzy. The clouds seemed to follow you 'round a bit!
In those pics, yes. Surprisingly though, Melbourne was just about perfect in terms of the weather while I was down there. It was warm most days, with only one afternoon of showers (and another of drizzle). Brisbane had a few morning showers while I was up there, but the Gold Coast was just pure sunshine :).

·
Australian EU in London!
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
tayser said:
The Gold Coast is now a part of Briz-bayyyyyynn? :lol: :D

nice work frog.

riddup.
Thanks Tayser. Well, Brisbane and Gold Coast councils are now separated only by Logan council (which is considered part of Brisbane anyway), and the Brisbane Citytrain network now extends all the way to Robina (and will shortly be extended even further to Reedy Creek).

So in essence, the Gold Coast is starting to become part of Brisbane (albeit very slowly). As a disclaimer to everyone, these are merely my opinions only. Please feel free to comment.

·
Australian EU in London!
908 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Malt said:
bong.

nice work.

have fun?
I most certainly did :). 'Twas a great trip overall. I miss Melbourne like mad though. I'll be back next weekend however, so all is good! :)

·
Registered
8,590 Posts
Thanks to OzFrog. I don't think I saw this thread on its original rounds almost 2 years ago.

What a time-warp, with the excitement of both Riparian and Q1 heading toward completion. RDT in Melbourne is on its way, but on my, Eureka!! It's easy to forget where all these buildings once were.

*bumps very last thread in section*

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Thanks to OzFrog. I don't think I saw this thread on its original rounds almost 2 years ago.

What a time-warp, with the excitement of both Riparian and Q1 heading toward completion. RDT in Melbourne is on its way, but on my, Eureka!! It's easy to forget where all these buildings once were.

*bumps very last thread in section*
LOL Random, you posted comments on it 2 years ago! :p Look up

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
It was on purpose and not random. Read my post.
Sorry, I was mearly talking about this: 'Thanks to OzFrog. I don't think I saw this thread on its original rounds almost 2 years ago.' When you posted in this thread when it originally was posted.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts