SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,857 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
People the crowd was awake, I snapped some shots of Baltimore. Hope you enjoy.

Sports Legend at Camden Yards....a new museum honoring the greats of Maryland sports.

A Pic of the longest building on the east coast aka The Warehouse at Oriole Park

The Scoreboard at the nest stadium in MLB

Eutaw Street Concourse at Oriole Park

A shot of the Babe Ruth statue in front of Oriole Park

The Oriole Park/Convention Center Light Rail Stop

Pubs on Pratt Street

An apartment building being constructed on Downtown Baltimore's Westside

Part of the Baltimore Convention Center peeking through the trees

A public plaza in downtown Baltimore

The Discovery Channel Store at the Light Street Pavilion

The Light Street Food Pavilion

M&S Grill at the Pratt Street Pavilion

More of the Pratt Street Pavilion

The Maryland Science Center

Buildings 1 and 3 at the National Aquarium in Baltimore

Contruction at the Aquarium (They're building a plaza featuring lots of water features, grass and trees.

More Construction

Building 2 at the National Aquarium in Baltimore

The country's first ESPN Zone

View of Baltimore's Federal Hill and Ridgely's Delight neighborhoods from the city's WTC.

Ritz-Carlton Condos at Key Highway(Expected Delivery Date: Spring 2007, I think)

Harborview's Pierhomes - (The entire development is being built on two piers.)

Rendering of the completed project above

A Condo

·
Registered
478 Posts
Beautiful City. Doesn't look a lot like the Baltimore I lived in during the early 90's, the pre-Camden days.

I was pretty young when I lived in Baltimore, but I lived in Boston just recently, it seems at first glance like these cities have a lot in common. Anyone that has been to both cities care to comment on the previous statement?

·
Registered
60 Posts
wow! Baltimore has come a long way in such a short period of time. I was there recently and it was an entirely different city from when I had previously in 1995. Back then it was vacant with nothing going on.

·
Registered
5,517 Posts
DeMaFrost said:
Beautiful City. Doesn't look a lot like the Baltimore I lived in during the early 90's, the pre-Camden days.

I was pretty young when I lived in Baltimore, but I lived in Boston just recently, it seems at first glance like these cities have a lot in common. Anyone that has been to both cities care to comment on the previous statement?
They are quite similar in some ways although, even as a Baltimorean I have to admit that Boston is quite a way further along in its development. The resemblence isn't too much of a coincidence since several times Baltimore architects looked to Boston for inspiration. It's most notable in that Rouse built the Quncy Marketplace before Harborplace and when Camden Yards was built, they were thinking about the small size and close-up design of Fenway. Boston also got an early start on constructing a subway that is prohibitively expensive in today's dollars. On the other hand, I think we have better weather.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
We live in a wonderful city. I love baltimore so much. Those pictures really show that its a beautiful special city it is. I am so proud.

·
Registered
644 Posts
jeffbaltimore said:
We live in a wonderful city. I love baltimore so much. Those pictures really show that its a beautiful special city it is. I am so proud.
Ditto!

btw: anyone going to the O's game today? they pulled out all the stops to get people to come. As long as you show up in Orange, you can get a $5 ticket.
I got my ticket and will be sitting comfortably enjoying an adult beverage in Sec 342 today.
:cheers: :)

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
How did you enjoy the game? Another victory for a team bitten by a bit of adversity. It amazing how hight the spirit of the city gets when the o's are winning. I love it.

·
Registered
644 Posts
jeffbaltimore said:
How did you enjoy the game? Another victory for a team bitten by a bit of adversity. It amazing how hight the spirit of the city gets when the o's are winning. I love it.
Oh my goodness did we have a good time.. I love going out to the park especially when the O's win. I had great seats in the upper deck right behind home plate. Everyone needs to go out and see the team this year.. I think this is going to be a real special year for us. :)

When I was there, I also came to the conclusion that if they build the convention center hotel right, it shouldn't block the view of downtown too badly, which is also a good thing.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts