SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some pics from spring break. the weather wasn't very cooperative, except for the day i went to the beach, and ain't no way i'm taking my new digi on the sand.

so, on with the pics, of the downtown area, and not just the uber-touristy over-gentrified part.

i love this, The People's Office Building (so commie)

blond?

or brunnette?

"AH HATE HIPPIES!!!" so ironic that the hippiefest episode of South Park was on this week, and it came true...sorta.

it was pathetic because...other than the drums, no other live music...BUT A HIPPIE DJ!!! ugh.

infill!!!

and now, for pics from the less-touristy parts by downtown; IMO, far more interesting - cheaper eats; indier music shops, a comic book store, some pawn shops...plus there's grit and potential.

part 2 to come; lots of old houses, The Battery, rowhouses, a beach town 'burb, bridges and more.

-

Reactions: nesua

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
If this is not a cool tour, then please (re)define "cool" for me. Great urbanity combined with an impressive historic fabric... That's Charleston at its best :eek:kay: Thanks for sharing your great photos, LSyd!!!!!!

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
thanks y'all.

jaya, i don't know...some auditorium-type thingy i think.

skysdalimit, i was there the weekend of the 18th.

-

·
Gamecocks&Skyscrapers fan
1,839 Posts
Great pics, LSyd. I don't ever remember seeing the People's Office Building in all of my trips to Charleston. I've probably been there 50 or 100 times in my life and I don't ever remember that building. What street is it on?

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks you two. it's on Broad street, sort of off of the battery.

-

·
Registered
49 Posts
Great thread!!! I so want to head down there and see Charleston, Augusta, and Savannah!!! :) There is so much history and architecture there.

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanks.

-

1 - 15 of 15 Posts