SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 371 Posts

·
Registered
25,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, everyone!

As the Nordic and Baltic region is well known for well preserved natural and urban spaces, I would like to create a space for sharing pictures from the less populated, but interesting places that are present in our region: islands, lagoons, archipelagoes and etc., but are not necessarilly included in the UNESCO heritage list.
It would be great if we posted different areal and 'skyline' pictures (self made or from the net) from the places you find to be interesting in our region. :)

·
Registered
25,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shouldn't you start with some? :) And what a difficult title :D
I will, but a little bit later, if that's ok to you. ;) Actually, everyone is free to start anytime.
The title is long, however it is informative enough (i hope) to understand that the thread is dedicated to usually forgotten, but interesting places in our region. ;)

·
Registered
25,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great start! :eek:kay: Thank you, Bosco. I will add some more pics from the interesting Väst kusten. :)

·
2,796 Posts
Even though some might think that Copenhagen is the only beautiful place in Denmark, I am here to say that couldn't be more wrong:

The Danish island of Bornholm is situated in the Baltic Sea. Sweden is allowed to get it back if they return Scania back to Denmark.

Next up: Møns Klint.

·
Registered
25,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bornholm is amazing, indeed. I've been there on a study practice trip and had travelled quite alot there, since the task was to analyze the geology of the island. It is an interesting place from the geological point of view, since the different geological structures change there alot in very short distances. :)
Actually, i will post some pictures from Bornholm and Skåne, but a bit later. ;)

·
Registered
412 Posts
Bosco your second pic there is Klädesholmen.

Visby ringmur, North side.

Sudersand beach, Fårö, Gotland. ( great tip for any1 planing a holiday to Gotland :))

·
Registered
990 Posts
Here are some from Tylösand beach on the Swedish west coast:

I know that they are not all in the same size but i hope u like them eitherway.

:)

·
Registered
25,519 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Some pictures from different parts of Sweden:

Gullmarsfjorden, Bohuslän:

Rapadalen (Sarek national park)

Bohuslän:

Falsterbo, Skåne:

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
^^

Falsterbo is an amazing jewel in the crown of the Baltic Sea! :eek:
I go there to visit my parents every summer and I can´t wait to go again in July!
I also love Curonian, Rügen, Usedom, Gotland, Bornholm, etc.
Absolutely wonderful summer beaches, nature pearls and girls! :eek:kay:

1 - 20 of 371 Posts