SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I LOVE your pics, it is great to see the towers from some many angles, I sure miss them!
I can't seem to find pictures form the mall, I have only seen a picture from Wikipedia or a random video in Youtube, I would love to see how this great "city within a city" was on a regular basis
Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
Hey guys! I LOVE your pics, it is great to see the towers from some many angles, I sure miss them!
I can't seem to find pictures form the mall, I have only seen a picture from Wikipedia or a random video in Youtube, I would love to see how this great "city within a city" was on a regular basis
Thanks in advance!
Here's a few I found;

This next picture shows one of the entrances to the mall on the street-side of 4WTC;

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You are right! Gemelli's Restaurant was on the plaza level of 4WTC...
But there was also an entry in 4WTC right?

·
Regulator
392 Posts
I haven't read or seen much regarding the PATH station and the mall following the collapse of both towers, apart from a fair amount of both only suffering light damage and some shops had stock intact etc.

Anyone have more details about all the floors below the towers and equally curious if they recovered anything from the lobby of both buildings.

·
Registered
898 Posts
The lobbies were of both buildings were completely gone, but much of the mall was still navigable by search teams. I have a bunch of pictures of that area as well but I don't think I've bothered to upload them yet. There are plenty out there on other sites as well.

Basically anything from the lobby of the towers all the way down was crushed under the weight of the debris from the floors above. I haven't heard anything about anyone being able to venture there since it was probably just a solid mish mash of debris. Some people managed to survive in an 8th floor stairwell of 1 WTC (or somewhere thereabouts) by sheer luck or divine intervention, but that was above ground.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
I hope I am not repeating an earlier post of mine ? But looking at this thread and reading preceding posts I have to say as a visitor to New York back in 2007 I was surprised while travelling on the subway in Lower Manhattan. The train passed through a closed station that had buckled steel columns. I wasn't prepared with my camera but have that image in my mind...I know it could not have been a station directly below the WTC but adjacent to the site...You probably know where I mean ?

·
Real Horrorshow
23,393 Posts
The lobbies were of both buildings were completely gone, but much of the mall was still navigable by search teams. I have a bunch of pictures of that area as well but I don't think I've bothered to upload them yet. There are plenty out there on other sites as well.
The library at 5WTC was basically untouched. No damage to it.

·
Registered
898 Posts
The library at 5WTC was basically untouched. No damage to it.
That was the Borders bookstore. Here's just a few I picked out while I was searching for that picture.

Unfortunate ads:

Unscathed corner of 5 WTC at Church and Vesey:

Stairwell. Interior is fine but the door outside is blackened by fire.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
meh_cd # Unscathed corner of 5 WTC at Church and Vesey:

I am amazed how many people think the part facade of the WTC 2 tower in this pic is a standing remnant after the collapse. Same goes for west side highway shots. Those massive pieces came from way above and impaled the earth...incredible !

1 - 20 of 95 Posts