SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so at 175' tall it isn't exactly a skyscraper. But that's at least a 14 story tall structure, right? Plus I have a view of it out my office window, so it will be easy to keep track of.

Here's a rendering of what it will look like:

According to the permit, that's 41 fully enclosed, air conditioned gondolas. It will be perpendicular to Alaskan Way.

As of today they're still working on the piles for the extended pier:

·
Registered
8,549 Posts
Thank for created a new thread that focus on waterfront Ferris wheel. I'm excited about this project. When will be completed and open to the public?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Maybe it's just me, but I rather this not happen. So much potential at the waterfront and we're getting a ferris wheel..

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ah Seattle. We can find an opposing view to anything. A free (to Seattle) 175' waterfront ferris isn't good enough. We need to recreate the Colossus of Rhodes, with one foot in West Seattle and the other on Magnolia.

·
Registered
3,621 Posts
But then we would be offended because the view is blocked from buildings that we think are "too darn tall" anyways. And the Colossus? Too masculine! Too big! This isnt Paris or New York, you know. Offended!!!! Can't we just put in a wetland with a bike trail!?!?! Kids love that stuff I think!

·
Registered
8,020 Posts
But then we would be offended because the view is blocked from buildings that we think are "too darn tall" anyways. And the Colossus? Too masculine! Too big! This isnt Paris or New York, you know. Offended!!!! Can't we just put in a wetland with a bike trail!?!?! Kids love that stuff I think!

Hahaha

·
Registered
5,210 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
(satire? You know Seattle isn't paying for this, right?)

Maybe we could let them build their Ferris wheel 100' taller if they agreed to let low-income live in a quarter of the units.

1 - 20 of 309 Posts