SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So it appears that Stratum also own the warehouse stationary site

http://www.pinnacleonvictoria.co.nz/

15 Stories, construction expected to start in early 2018, ( which I guess will be once the major construction has finished on their Victoria Precinct next door,

These two developments+ Willis and Bond's one on the Dixon Street Corner, are going to transform this end of town....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Fantastic to see more development around this part of town and I like the design of this one more!
So is this one where the Warehouse Stationary is, and the Victoria Precinct is on the Ghuznee St corner? Both developments seem quite large and I can't picture how they fit in without demolishing the multi storey building next door.

·
Wellingpalmyan
881 Posts
I wonder where Warehouse Stationery will move to... So many apartments concentrated on one block is definitely a huge deal. Hopefully the council will progress their redevelopment of Victoria St as well, I believe it's only part-way complete? Will be interesting to see what new stores and restaurants pop up to support the new population as well.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi all. Any thoughts on how this flood of apartments onto the market will affect existing apartment prices?
Quite likely to put a cap on prices in large mixed blocks,

Price rises for smaller blocks that are predominantly owner/occupier are probably still likely to move more with local house prices,

·
Wellingpalmyan
881 Posts
Fantastic to see more development around this part of town and I like the design of this one more!
So is this one where the Warehouse Stationary is, and the Victoria Precinct is on the Ghuznee St corner? Both developments seem quite large and I can't picture how they fit in without demolishing the multi storey building next door.
It looks large because they're showing you the side that's going back from the street. The short side on the right of the photo looks to be the front. Not sure why all the balconies are on the left facing the other apartment building and no balconies on the front. Weird!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Looks like there's another apartment building in the consent application phase going in at 109 - 111 Dixon Street. This one by Arrow Construction and will be a whopping 20 storeys tall - easily the tallest building in a ~2km radius.

They also propose creating a pedestrian route from Dixon Street into Feltex Lane.

I can't create a thread so maybe one of you wants to do it on my behalf. I've uploaded the plans to my Dropbox:

dropbox.com/s/p2cfle0nzh99fba/SR%20371051%20Dixon%20Street%20Application.pdf?dl=0
dropbox.com/s/hdjvqps6srhlth8/SR%20371051%20Dixon%20Street%20Plans.pdf?dl=0

·
Registered
167 Posts
^^ thanks for these morbandit, very interesting - Looks like they would replace the old Sharp Building, with some very odd street front balconies it must be said.

By the way, how did you get hold of these? it doesn't appear to be fully notified. Did planning send them through by request?. I don't have any membership to image hosting so i can't but them up, but i'll give the AEE a read in the mean time.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^^ thanks for these morbandit, very interesting - Looks like they would replace the old Sharp Building, with some very odd street front balconies it must be said.

By the way, how did you get hold of these? it doesn't appear to be fully notified. Did planning send them through by request?. .
Its now listed on the recent resource consents page

http://wellington.govt.nz/~/media/services/consents-and-licenses/resource-consents/files/issued-applied/received-17-30-october.pdf

Te Aro 109 Dixon Street 371051 19/10/2016 Land Use: New Central Area building

·
Registered
3 Posts

By the way, how did you get hold of these? it doesn't appear to be fully notified. Did planning send them through by request?. I don't have any membership to image hosting so i can't but them up, but i'll give the AEE a read in the mean time.
I requested them from the council. I watch all the consents like a hawk so that I have a heads up when someone wants to build a skyscraper in front of my apartment!

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The first building looks nearly complete, at least from the outside. Second one appears to be currently piling.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Here's the model of this project, which I think gives a far better impression of it than the renders which seems to warp the way the building addresses the corner:

And also the model of the Victoria apartments next door:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts