SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 220 Posts

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
For today, I will start with some photos of the University of Pittsburgh campus.

The Cathedral of Learning, sticking out behind the Towers

The Towers, triplet dorm buildings. After staying in one during my orientation, I am glad that I do not live in them, despite them being my top choice for living. They have thin walls (so it seems to me). During my night in them, there was construction going on nonstop all night, and it was very loud.

The Peterson Events Center:

Buildings on Fifth Ave on campus:

Part of the university's medical center, UPMC:

Memorial Hall, a space for performances:

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here are some night photos, I will retry them next year once I get a camera that can take night photos better (hopefully a nice compact Panasonic with Son'ys new low light sensor):

Waiting for the bus late Sunday night. Downtown is a ghost town after the work day ends, and on the weekends is empty and is an urban paradise devoid of people:

The Skyline from the Smithfield Street Bridge

Station Square

A creepy walkway next to some street

Some deer I encountered at a light rail station

·
Megalomaniac
4,171 Posts
awesome pics and project, good luck.

have you heard of W. Eugene Smith? he went to Pittsburgh on assignment to photograph it for its centennial; he ended up staying several years and taking 21,000 photos. http://www.ralphmag.org/DY/smith-photographer.html

-

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Zurück in die Zukunft
23,394 Posts
Nice pictures! Can't wait to visit Pittsburgh, I wish it was 5 hours closer to New York though...

·
Registered
1,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Sorry about the blown highlights

The view first seen from stepping off an Amtrak train at Penn Station (or getting off a bus like I did ;)):

Looking down Fifth Ave, buses on this street heads back to campus:

Some robot:

Looking up while waiting for the bus:

The 6th Street Bridge to the North Shore:

The 7th Street Bridge:

Houses by Negley Station on the MLK jr. East Busway:

1 - 20 of 220 Posts