Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Really? There wasn't a thread for this stadium until now? You people in Pittsburgh are lazy! :lol: I had to make a thread for PNC last year, and now someone from POLAND has to make one for Heinz Field? :eek:hno:

Seriously though, nice stadium, Pittsburgh built two excellent stadiums for not a lot of money

·
Registered
625 Posts
I really like this stadium. I'm glad Pittsburgh decided to build their stadiums with the sort of limestone exterior instead of the retro brick that seems to be popular. I also think it's great they utilized Pittsburgh natural beauty and used the river and skyline as part of the package. My only question is why did they make it only 64,000? The Steelers should be able to draw 70,000 no problem. I know the higher ticket price angle, but at 70,000 I still think they could charge a higher price.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Really? There wasn't a thread for this stadium until now? You people in Pittsburgh are lazy! :lol: I had to make a thread for PNC last year, and now someone from POLAND has to make one for Heinz Field? :eek:hno:

Seriously though, nice stadium, Pittsburgh built two excellent stadiums for not a lot of money
I'm surprised too. I just knew there was already a thread for this stadium. Oh well. I rate this in my top 5 of NFL stadiums...

Arrowhead
Lambeau
Qwest
Invesco
Heinz

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
^^My top 5 would be-

Gillette Stadium
Heinz Field
Lincoln Financial Field
M&T Bank Stadium
Invesco Field

Personally, domed/retractable-roof football stadiums suck. Football is meant to be played outdoors.

Arrowhead has an odd shape to it.

Plus, I don't like stadiums with large overhangs above the top tier- like with Qwest Field and Soldier Field.:)

·
Registered
96 Posts
I like Qwest's overhang simply because it contributes to the stadium noise. It fits that team and that city well. I happen to like Arrowhead's odd shape. I think it's part of it's character. I agree that retractable and domed stadiums are my least favorite. I wish my Falcons would go back outdoors...

·
Registered
625 Posts
I like Qwest's overhang simply because it contributes to the stadium noise. It fits that team and that city well. I happen to like Arrowhead's odd shape. I think it's part of it's character. I agree that retractable and domed stadiums are my least favorite. I wish my Falcons would go back outdoors...
If the Falcons went outdoors they wouldn't be able to host the Final Four and probably wouldn't host the Super Bowl either.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I was about to say that. The reason that domed/retractable-roof stadiums exist is for cities to put in their bids to host the SuperBowl or Wrestlemania.
Yes, Unless you have a team in Miami or San Diego you are going to need a retractable/domed stadium to get those events. And I believe even Miami is trying to do a partial cover to their stadium, correct? Sorry to get off topic a little...

·
NUEVO ESTADO DE LA LAGUNA
1,997 Posts
Man, I have a really tuff time likeing this stadium. I looks like a NCAA one.
I like Cleveland's and Cincy's more (and they have a lot less revenue than the 2nd most popular team in the NFL).

·
Registered
311 Posts
To be honest, I was expecting a little more of a new stadium for the Steelers when they moved into Heinz. I'm not a fan of the lone upper deck in the endzone that isn't symmetrical to the others, and the unenclosed bowl on the other end. It gives it less of an NFL stadium feel for sure.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Anyone watch the nhl winter classic? It got bit wet near the end but a good game. How can anyone from the upper decks see the puck? It is a long way to watch it from
I was at the first winter classic in Buffalo and had no trouble seeing the puck from the upper deck.

·
Unregistered User
2,608 Posts
Really? Wow I must have really bad eye sight. But aint heinz field higher than the stadium in buffalo?
Heinz is definitely taller than Ralph Wilson. However, I was at the Winter Classic and sat high up in the endzone upper deck. It was a little hard to see the puck, but definitely watchable.

1 - 20 of 83 Posts