SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Buffalo's Worst Nightmare
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Point Breeze is a wealthy residential neighborhood in Pittsburgh's East End. It's essentially a residential extension of neighboring posh (and more well-known) Shadyside and Squirrel Hill (though it does have a somewhat distinct atmosphere). Point Breeze is also adjacent to the vast wilderness of Frick Park and the much smaller Mellon Park. Lush tree canopies hover over diverse residential styles ranging from attractive middle class homes to luxurious mansions.

this secluded area is near the northern gate of Frick Park

a verdant trail leading into the park

the immaculately groomed lawn bowling courts

parkside housing

Reynolds St. canopy

there is so much vegetation here... it can be hard to find the houses!

Point Breeze has a tiny, but charming, business district

the Point serves up Belgian fare

Pino's was having tapas night... and Make Your Mark Artspace & Coffeehouse is always a delight

encounter in Mellon Park

one of the many Beechwood Blvd. mansions

lush!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Pittsburgh is one of those cities that just doesn't stop surprising me. I literally always find myself searching for Pittsburgh photos on the forums because I know I'll be in for a treat. Theres all this incredible grit I usually love and then theres those nice leafy "poshy" neighbs you just can't turn down. Gotta love Pittsburgh.

BTW, how long does it take to go from one end of the city to the other? (car, bus)I've always wanted to have an idea of the city's size that's all.

·
Buffalo's Worst Nightmare
1,944 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's a 13 minute drive from Point Breeze, which is on the eastern edge of the city, to Downtown

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
it's a 13 minute drive from Point Breeze, which is on the eastern edge of the city, to Downtown
That's not bad at all. I guess that's the reason why many people prefer to live away in the metro area rather than it the city proper. Can't wait for your next Pittsburgh thread. Cheers.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Wow those are some nice pics of a really nice neighborhood. I like all the trees too. A lot of the pittsburgh picture threads don't seem to show a lot of trees.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts