SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many places in the world (streets, neighboorhoods, cities...) in the world, specially spain have their names from my lovely city!

In this thread I will post some

·
Banned
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)

·
17,038 Posts
^^ C'est le pont de l'Alameda? En face de Correos et el Corté Ingles?

·
Banned
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
"Tetuan district" MADRID, Spain

Picture of the district

source wikimedia

source estaticos01.cache.el-mundo.ne

source flickr.com

Torre Europa

source flickr.com

Torre Castilla

source flickr.com

Santiago Berbabeu Stadium

source flickr.com

Torre Picasso

source flickr.com

Torre Mahou

source flickr.com

La Fuga

source flickr.com

Banco Zaragozano

source flickr.com

Torre Negra

source flickr.com

·
Banned
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^^ C'est le pont de l'Alameda? En face de Correos et el Corté Ingles?
Trop fort!!

Exactement, et il s'appelle le pont de Tétouan:)

·
Registered
531 Posts

·
Banned
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Plaza de Tetuan" BARCELONA, Spain

Plaza Tetuan is a plaza located on Passeig de Sant Joan and the Avinguda de les Corts Catalanes and lies in northwest direction to the Arc de de Triomf in Barcelona, Spain.

The name "Tetuán" origins from the Berber word Tiṭwān and means "the eyes" or "the origins", and if you have a look to the satellite view on the map, you will see that the plaza really looks like an eye. T

The place is like a small oasis in between these two huge streets with lots of plants.
Close to here you will find the Arc de Triomf and Parc de la Ciutadella.

source flickr

·
Registered
210 Posts
@ Tetwani ; Why don't you run for mayor of Tetouan:lol::lol::lol:

You're like the ambassador of tetouan!! Everytime there's a topic about Tetouan you're the first one who is posting stuff or posting comment (I appreciate it btw) Man it's like you are having an orgasm everytime we start talking about Tetouan:lol::lol::lol:

·
Banned
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
@ Tetwani ; Why don't you run for mayor of Tetouan:lol::lol::lol:

You're like the ambassador of tetouan!! Everytime there's a topic about Tetouan you're the first one who is posting stuff or posting comment (I appreciate it btw) Man it's like you are having an orgasm everytime we start talking about Tetouan:lol::lol::lol:
:lol::lol::lol::lol:

I'm not just in tetuans topics. I'm on all the fronts dude!

Who told you such a lies?? :lol:

·
10,758 Posts
"Plaza de Tetuan" BARCELONA, Spain

Plaza Tetuan is a plaza located on Passeig de Sant Joan and the Avinguda de les Corts Catalanes and lies in northwest direction to the Arc de de Triomf in Barcelona, Spain.

The name "Tetuán" origins from the Berber word Tiṭwān and means "the eyes" or "the origins", and if you have a look to the satellite view on the map, you will see that the plaza really looks like an eye. T

The place is like a small oasis in between these two huge streets with lots of plants.
Close to here you will find the Arc de Triomf and Parc de la Ciutadella.

source flickr

source: panoramio

·
17,038 Posts
I love this part of Malaga, I love Malaga! :)
I took pics of the place last summer, I'll post them later! ;) :)

·
Banned
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
"Calle Tetuan" SEVILLA, Spain
-Tetuan street-

Everyone knows about Calle Sierpes, but the parallel street of Tetuan is my personal fav. It takes you straight from the Plaza Nueva to the Plaza del Duque (where there's a Corte Ingles). You can find anything and everything at el Corte Ingles, but if you're looking for better prices try the streets of Seville. There are 3 giant Zara stores on Calle Tetuan where you'll find the same clothes as here in expensive Zara Int'l stores for about 1/3 the price. For an even better bargain head over to Triana where you'll find street vendors selling everything like 2 and 3 burnt CDs for only 1000 pta (about $6 US). If you're looking for the greatest CD collection head to Sevilla Rock by la Plaza del Duque. Or if you're in a mall mood, head over to Nervion Plaza. Happy shopping!! source

source panoramio

source rafaes.com

http://www.turismoensevilla.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/calle-tetuan.jpg

http://www.turismoensevilla.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/sevilla-centro.jpg

http://i.pbase.com/g6/62/802262/2/87451602.KsstNGAH.jpg

source extraordinario.es

http://image32.webshots.com/33/0/50/76/267605076sqAMHC_ph.jpg

source media.salir.com

·
Banned
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Banned
4,061 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
"Plaza Tetuan" VALENCIA, Spain

Plaza Tetuan is one of those places in Valencia that just happen to be a cluster of things to see with nothing in common between those.

Convento de Santo Domingo is a large, atmospheric monasterial complex that will remind you of the Imperial days. A mixture of Gothic, Renaissance and Neo-classical, it dates from as far back as 14th century.

Right opposite it is Palacio de Cervello. Although not particularly anything special visually, it is a very important building in Valencia - used as a royal residence during the 19th century, Those rooms have seen hugely historic events and are currently housing a museum on the topic (also lets you see the refurbished interior).

A few meters down is the small park of Glorieta where you can soak up the Spanish afternoon among some very curious trees. As you walk towards there, note the high bank building on your right, it is unbelievable.

On the other side of the Glorieta you can see the Puerta del Mar - a kind of Valencian Triumphal Arch, with the full symbolism and insignia of Valencia. These gates used to be part of the city walls, much like Torres de Serranos or Quart, but they were moved, stone-by-stone.

The roundabout of Puerta del Mar also holds the Palacio de Justicia (Court), a neo-classical building of 18th century worth a quick look.

Also within a few metres of Plaza Tetuan in a slightly different direction is the Chapel of San Vicente Ferrer. source

source google

source fiestasancristobal.net

https://www.voyagevirtuel.info/espana/ecard/valencia-plaza-de-tetuan-6861.php

source flickr

source media.salir.com[/QUOTE]
source hotels.lonelyplanet.com

source proyecto.localizarq.es

·
Banned
1,254 Posts
Almost every street/district takes the Tetuan name because of a batle in XX century (the monumentes, etc.)
Madrid Tetuan district is called like that because the warriors after that war created a camp there

1 - 20 of 27 Posts