Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Made in Turkey
6,784 Posts
ahh I was in Kalkan first when I was 10 years old... It was one of the destinations of our family trip, we went like Kemer, Kas, Kalkan... I still have great memories from that trip... Unfortunately that was the last time I've been to Kalkan...

My latest discovery is Datca, actually it's a personal discovery, many people know Datca very well, also Asos-Behramkale was a great discovery for me too when I've first been there about 7 years ago...

Behramkale

·
Made in Turkey
6,784 Posts
en son 6 sene once gittiydim, hatirlamiyorum acikcasi... ilk gittigimde 3 arkadas kamp yapmaya gitmistik zaten, cadir falan... :D ikinci gidisimde kervansarayda kaldim, oranin en guzel oteliydi, hatta tek oteli zaten, digerleri pansiyon tarzi... fiyatlar oyle cok yuksek degildi ama dedigim gibi 6 sene oldu...

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
i knew kalkan:D

i didn't know Behramkale :eek:hno:

·
Made in Turkey
6,784 Posts
I dont know much about our beautiful small towns, can you post more pics of Behramkale Istanbullu?
benim cektigim fotolardan sadece ben ve arkadaslarin gozuktukleri bilgisayarda yuklu, onlarla da siz ilgilenmezsiniz... internette bulursam koyarim baska fotolar... ;)

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
I've been to both Assos and Kalkan. Kalkan is a fantastic town, Kas also.. You can rent a boat to visit Kale Island also.. Breathtaking Mediterranean view.. If summer won't be very hot, our itenerary is south Aegean and Mediterranean coasts. Kalkan worths another visit for sure.:)

·
Registered
9,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh I dont know which citys we will visit this summer.

(yaw herkez Kalkana gitmis, ben burda oldugum icinmi bilmiyorum acaba? neyse ben turizimi devam destekliyorum lol)

·
Registered
4,074 Posts
i couldnt remember Kale island but right after Kalkan there is Kekova which is most probably one of the most virgin places on earth.

You can got to the island by only renting a boat and swimming is forbidden. Because there is an ancient city ruin under the sea. It is perfect. I have never seen such a blue sea in my life. or let's say turquoise

·
Banned
1,717 Posts
yes I agree :yes: , very nice Ottoman Greek architecture.

Indeed!!

Kalkan (Greek: Kalamaki) is a town on the Turkish Mediterranean coast, which averages of 300 days of sunshine a year. The area includes many historical sites and many fine beaches. The word Kalkan is Turkish for 'shield'.

Kalkan is an old fishing town, and the only safe harbor between Kaş and Fethiye; famous for its white-washed houses, descending to the sea, and its brightly colored bougainvilleas.

Until the early 1920s the majority of its inhabitants were Greeks. They had to leave the town in 1923 because of the Exchange of populations between Greece and Turkey after the Greco-Turkish War. They emigrated mainly to Attica, where they founded the new town of Kalamaki. [URL="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalkan"]source[/URL]
Ayvalik is another lesser known place with lots of character.

Greek buildings in Ayvalik.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts