SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have some photos of some planned cities that i heve seen in the book The City Shaped by Spiro Kostof. if anyone has any other pictures of planned cities fell free to post them.

this is Nahalal, isreal

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Milton Keynes, england

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
and another

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
does anyone know about this project, the city in the desert, Arcosanti, arizona, usa

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
this is a photo of it under construction, i dont know if it was ever completed though

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
sorry about the size of the images, but mabey someone else can post some better photos

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks for the pics, anymore pictures of Columbia, what is the population? metro?

·
Registered
34 Posts
the city of Modiin Israel

planned by Arc. Moshe Safdie ,first housing started in 1996.
the city today has some 60,000 people. in 15 years from now the city will grow up to 250,000 people.
Sited on a treeless, hilly terrain of rocky escarpments and fertile valleys, the new city of Modi'in, located between Tel Aviv and Jerusalem, is planned for a population of 250,000. The topography consists of a series of valleys running east to west towards the sea converging at the site's center. The Modi'in master plan proposes a continuous network of urban roads and community services within the valleys culminating in the town center, where the valleys join the principal north/south highway. Each valley, planted with a different type of tree, becomes a winding spine of the city, devoted to parks and playgrounds, neighborhood shopping areas, schools, synagogues, clinics, and other facilities. Four-story apartments and terraced housing follow the natural topography up the hillside, with high-rise structures on the hilltops acting as landmarks with views of the Mediterranean and the coastal plain. The entire city, with the exception of schools and community services, is being constructed by the private sector.

main CBD

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks everyone, those are all great pictures, i especially like sun city, even though its sprawly as hell, it looks so distinct, i would love to fly over it

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
i live in a planned city of approx 280 000 people, with approx 200.000 new people

1 - 20 of 135 Posts