Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 381 Posts

·
★★★
12,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I notice that Urban Splash have submitted a planning application for Great Georges Square. Part detailed, part general. Hopefully, this project will really get off the ground before the year is out. Applic no: 07F/1680
Public notices in the DP reports planning application 07F/1521 submitted to erect 26 3 storey floating dwellings at Princes Dock, application by Princes Dock Development Co.
A planning application (PL/INV/1542/07) has gone in to create a surface car park on the site of the 'pinwheel' building at Fontenoy Street. Unwelcome news!
http://councillors.liverpool.gov.uk/Published/C00000307/M00006069/AI00034951/$Item10LandboundedbyNorfolkStreetJamaicaStreetWatkinsonStreetLiverpool1.docA.ps.pdf

·
Registered
327 Posts
Quite a few applications in the Baltic Triangle lately:

07F/1095
Land Fronting 63/65 Jamaica Street, New Bird Street, Newhall Street and Greenland Street, Liverpool, L1 0AF
To erect 138 residential units consisting of 22 no. one bed apartments, 104 no. two bed apartments and 12 no. three bed duplexes with ground floor commercial space and basement car parking
Registered

07F/1369
Land Bounded by Jamaica Street, Blundell Street, Bridgewater Street and Simpson Street Liverpool, L1
To erect multi storey car park with ground floor retail/leisure uses and office/commercial uses to upper floors
Registered

Superseded by:
PL/INV/3163/06
Land Bounded by Jamaica Street, Blundell Street, Bridgewater Street, Simpson Street, Liverpool, L1
To develop site for multi storey car park (1492 spaces) ground floor retail/leisure with offices/commercial uses to upper floors (outline application)
New

PL/INV/1560/06
63/65 Jamaica Street, Liverpool
To develop site by the erection of 40 apartments together with ofixce/retail space to ground and first floor, together with parking provison
New

PL/INV/3162/06
Land Bounded by St James Street, Kitchen Street, Jamaica Street, Bridgewater Street, Liverpool, L1
To create public square at ground level with hard landscaping/external lighting with 3no. retail kiosk buildings including access to basement levels and 2 levels of basement parking (100 spaces)
New

PL/INV/3164/06
Land Bounded by St James Street, Blundell Street, Kitchen Street, Jamaica Street, Liverpool, L1
To erect 104 apartments with associated ground floor retail/leisure uses with basement/semi basement parking.
New

PL/INV/3165/06
Land Bounded by Jamaica Street, St James Street, Blundell Street, Liverpool, L1
To erect building to be used for A3 leisure use with closure of tunnel vent shaft and associated landscape works.
New

·
Registered
327 Posts
Planning Reports

I've been collecting the more interesting planning reports for a while (they went online in 2003). I know it's an extremely lame pastime. Anyway this might be an interesting resource for those interested in LCC planning policy or particular projects. Thanks to b4mmy and Dai Tengu for help figuring out how to upload the links.

Below is a list of planning decisions (in some cases non-decisions, i.e. when an application has been withdrawn at the last minute). They are listed mainly by street name, alpabetically, but sometimes (e.g. LFC Stadium) by another name. I will eventually cross-reference development names.

Each entry shows links to (in most cases) a map; the date of the Planning Committee meeting where the last decision was taken; and a link to the Case Officer's Report. They are mostly city-centre schemes, with some exceptions.

Bridport StBrook St (West Tower)Brownlow Hill (Design Academy)Brownlow Hill (Wilderness Site)Brunswick Quay 1Brunswick Quay 2Caryl StCaryl St/Grafton GroveCentral VillageChapel St (20/Unity)Chapel St/Rumford PlaceColquitt St (Elysian Fields)Cornhill/Tabley St/Hurst StCrosshall St (3A–7)Dale St/Sir Thomas St (Municipal Annexe)Duke St (118–126)Duke St (127–133)Duke St (127–137)Duke St (127–137)Duke St (37–41)Duke St (37–41)Duke St (80–90)Edge LaneExchange Stn site (Commercial Quarter)Fontenoy St (‘Pinwheel’ building)Fontenoy St (Imperial Halls) (demolished)Garden Festival SiteGreenland St/New Bird St (withdrawn)Gt Crosshall St (55–63)Gt George St/Hardy StHatton Garden/Cheapside (Eden Square)Henry St/Suffolk StHerculaneum Dock, City QuayHerculaneum QuayHope St (38)Hope St (38) (Hotel)Hurst St/Cornhill (L1)Jamaica St, St James St, Kitchen StJamaica St, Norfolk St, Watkinson StJLA Hotel/MSCPKent St (St Michael’s Vicarage)King’s WaterfrontKing’s Waterfront (Plot A)King’s Waterfront HotelsKnight St (N)Knight St (SE)Knight St (SW)Lace St/Fontenoy St (Bispham House)Leeds St (The Reach)Leeds St (YMCA)Leeds-Liverpool Canal LinkLFC StadiumLFC Stadium (amended)Lime St GatewayLIPALiverpool School of Tropical MedicineLondon Rd (139–143)London Rd/Falkland StMalmaisonMann IslandMount Pleasant (Pleasant St School)Mount Pleasant (Wellington Rooms/Irish Centre)Museum of LiverpoolOldham PlaceOldham St Car ParkPall Mall (Hamilton House)Pall Mall/Prussia StPark Lane (Greenberg’s Tower) (withdrawn)Park Lane (Heaps Mill)Park Lane/Jamaica StPier Head (Ferry Terminal)Pier Head (Port of Liverpool Building)Princes Dock: Alexandra TowerPrinces Dock: City LoftsPrinces Dock: Plot 3aPrinces Dock: Plot 7Princes Half-Tide DockPSDAPSDA Site 11 (Hotel)PSDA Site 12 (Pelli bldg)Queens Dock AptsSeel St (52–60)Seel St (62–74)Sefton St (39–41, Troop bldg)Sefton St (39–41, Troop bldg) (amended)Sefton St (39–41, Troop bldg) (new)Sefton St (69–71)Sefton St (69–71) (amended)Sefton St/Hill StSefton St/Parliament St (Vermont)Seymour St/Vincent StSkelhorne St (Chieftain Tower)Skelhorne St (revised scheme)St James St/New Bird StSt Paul’s SqSt Paul’s Sq (Building 4)Stanley DockTemple St (23)Tithebarn St (Churchill House)Upper Stanhope St (Toxteth)Victoria St/Crosshall St (Tinlings bldg)

·
Registered
6,412 Posts
Bloody hell that is useful! Thank you Lathom. I wonder if B4mmy could stickify this one?

·
Liverpool + Urmston
7,290 Posts
Lathom, fantastic reference archive, thanks for the time you spent on recording such a vast collection of data.

·
Liverpool + Urmston
7,290 Posts
King Edward Street , Public House

Ref: 07F / 1978

To erect a mixed development comprising retail, commercial + 418 1-2-3 bed apartments . Car park and infrastructure.
Full planning Permission , dated 3 July 07

Previous plan;
07F / 0545 , dated 19-2-07 was for 512 apartments

·
Liverpool + Urmston
7,290 Posts
Leeds St / Vauxhall Rd..................This is big

Ref : 07F/1335

To erect 7 no. blocks up to eight storeys high comprising 401 dwellings, ground floor commercial space for A1-retail, A2-financial, A3-restaurants ,A4-pubs + bars and B1 1324sq.m.of Offices, 251 sq.m. of food retail use and day nursery, security office and basement car parking.

Submitted by : Eldonian Group & Viride Holdings Ltd.

·
User Registered
4,837 Posts
I just read dwellings and thought, why build them all, they won't fill, what demand is there in liverpool these days? build a high rise pub hehe

·
Liverpool + Urmston
7,290 Posts
Local Company for local people..........

I just read dwellings and thought, why build them all, they won't fill, what demand is there in liverpool these days? build a high rise pub hehe
Westy, one of the developers is the Eldonian Group which is a local Vauxhall outfit , so expect many of the 401 dwellings to be up for rent or shared ownership, and I am sure locals will get priority. Outside buy to invest may not be very welcome:eek:hno:

·
Banned
15,506 Posts
Yes, it is a bit of a departure for the Eldonians. I read that demand for their older properties exceeds demand.

It could be that they have decided to entend their community-building model from houses to apartments. These apartment could be some of the 2 and 3 bedroom flats that are suitable for families that some of us here have been advocating for some time.

·
Liverpool + Urmston
7,290 Posts
Could be mostly student accomodation, especially when you consider the area it is proposed for.
It could just be an extention of Eldon Village and help redevelop the canal .

·
Registered
3,225 Posts
That map is old - the canal doesn't run that far so it won't be to regenerate the canal area. Also I don't think the eldonians would get involved with student accom. As someone mentioned earlier the demand for properties on the eldonian village is higher than the supply therefore my best guess would be that the eldonians are trying to match the demand and jump on the band wagon of developing apartments. They also own a couple of other sites nearer to the actual village - one being the old garden centre and the other being the old bmw garage. I think these are prime for more houses however rather than apartments.

1 - 20 of 381 Posts