SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Like 'Berg'
6,742 Posts
Maybe I'm just being boring.. but my favourite would be the 2nd proposal.. despite being very square and a bit bland.. I think its best suited.. the others look tacky to me, except design 4..but that looks like it belongs more in a theme park :S

·
Registered
558 Posts
I like the second one, it looks mature and subtle, fitting for the area. You don't want anything taking away from the Eye, just complimenting it :yes:

·
Registered
2,335 Posts
Does this mean any of the more ambitious plans, such as a new sub-terranian film theatre have been scrapped completely?

·
Registered
24,254 Posts
The ampitheatre idea (which was the best out of all these pathetic ones) was scrapped because the local residents didn't want the extra tourists in the area.

Ah yes, living next door to London's top tourist attraction. Geat idea.

These ones are just fancy gardens.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
WTF at Number 1.... Is that a beach??? Mmm-kay!!!

Number 4 looks like a golf course.

·
Trainee Apprentice MOD
7,884 Posts
I'd rather keep it how it is - just a big open grassy space.
r u joking ?? yes well you must be !

The ampitheatre idea (which was the best out of all these pathetic ones) was scrapped because the local residents didn't want the extra tourists in the area.

Ah yes, living next door to London's top tourist attraction. Geat idea.

These ones are just fancy gardens.
prats..

The 2nd design is clearly the best, so make it

·
Registered
18,919 Posts
Yeah the new home for the NFT was going to be built on the ugly as **** car park next to the jubilee gardens, that shrine to council estate greenery... and the residents (where did they spring up from?!) complained that they wouldnt have any car parking space and that the developments would encourage too many tourists in the area... did they actually look up from the pavement? All rather depressing, these plans just seem second rate in my opinion and will tart up rather than address the problems of the South Bank

·
Registered
24,254 Posts
The whole area needs a massive regeneration and masterplan project - which could of been a perfect slot in part to the Olympic Regeneration Projects.

But no, once again, no one has any vision and London is left as piecemeal developments.

It's next door to the top London landmark for crying out loud! Would the French simply lay down a bit of paving and 'be done' with the gardens next to the Eiffel Tower?

·
Bada Bing!
2,368 Posts
3 Is the best in my opinion, A fountian and a cafe sound good to me! 2 is ok but the boardwalks will age quickly and look crap after a few years!

·
Ho hum
2,936 Posts
DarJoLe said:
The whole area needs a massive regeneration and masterplan project - which could of been a perfect slot in part to the Olympic Regeneration Projects.

But no, once again, no one has any vision and London is left as piecemeal developments.

It's next door to the top London landmark for crying out loud! Would the French simply lay down a bit of paving and 'be done' with the gardens next to the Eiffel Tower?
It's had masterplans done for it. The problem is that there's no-one with a coherent vision and energy to push it through. I mean of course the local residents will object (wherever they are), the local residents ALWAYS object if they haven't been consulted. A propoer consultation programme normally doe sthe trick. Ask them what they want to see, incorporate as much as you practically can and away you go. I can't beieve that remodelling the park is THAT controversial.

·
Against ID Cards
9,799 Posts
high_flyer said:
I like the second one, it looks mature and subtle, fitting for the area. You don't want anything taking away from the Eye, just complimenting it :yes:
I completely agree, number 2 is the best, but number 3 looks good too.

·
Banned
1,820 Posts
Yeah the area needs redeveloping, everything practically along from the IMAX along to Westminster Bridge needs to be totally redeveloped - prime site for some classical works methinks!!!

·
Registered
24,254 Posts
The Summer beach planned for the car park may be scrapped - not enough time to build it thanks to the usual Lambeth bureaucracy.

Pathetic.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Number 4 is my favourite. :)

1 - 20 of 48 Posts