SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note: I have taken permission from the mods to post this thread.

Hey Guys, I am taking part in the annual Relay For Life campaign at my high school, so please, please read the following:

I’ll post the excerpt from our online donation page, and if you are serious about donating I will give you the link to it so you can find out everything you need:

What is Relay For Life?

The Canadian Cancer Society Relay For Life is an overnight non-competitive relay that celebrates cancer survivors and pays tribute to loved ones. It's a night of fun, friendship and fundraising to beat cancer.

Please watch the video too:

www.cancer.ca/relay

I am participating in my high school’s Relay For Life event, for the Canadian Cancer Society, on June the 8th. As a member of the executive committee I have committed several hours of my time over the past few weeks to help organize our event and prepare everything.

Being my last year of high school and last year of participation in this event I want to go BIG and raise a HUGE amount of money because this charity has meant a lot to me over the years. And I think if the several Canadian SSC members who are on here see this, they may be able to support me and I can raise soooo much money.

Why I Relay

I am really excited about participating in this year's annual Canadian Cancer Society Relay For Life at my highschool because every step I take in Relay raises money to help the Canadian Cancer Society save lives.

This year my high school is hoping to raise $80,000 (last year we broke a record and reached $61,000) and we can't do it without your support! Join me in the fight against cancer supporting my participation in Relay For Life now. It's easy - just click on the blue "Donate to this participant" button near the upper right side of this page (above the thermometer).

Cancer affects us all; I have, school-mates, neighbours, teachers who have been affected by it and one of my best-friends since the 3rd Grade is currently fighting Leukemia bravely. This reminds us all that Cancer does not discriminate, it can affect anyone, anywhere and by supporting our cause you're doing everything you can to prevent it and help those like my best friend from the 3rd Grade to fight it.

Learn more about why the Canadian Cancer Society is our best partner in the fight against cancer at www.cancer.ca

Help me reach my goal

You can be part of a community that takes up the fight. Please pledge me now and join me in the fight against cancer.

Online pledging is secure and it saves the Society money by reducing administrative costs - it means the money you give can go further to help the fight against cancer. Online pledges can also be made from anywhere in the world, all you need is a credit card!

If you want to read more about how your donation helps in the fight against cancer, click the "Where your money goes" link on the left side of your screen.

Where your money goes

Funds raised through Relay For Life support the Canadian Cancer Society’s mission to eradicate cancer and enhance the quality of life of Canadians living with cancer. When you make a gift to the Society, your money will help to:
  • fund the most promising research projects in the country on all types of cancer
  • provide information services and support programs in the community
  • advocate for public policies that prevent cancer and help those living with it

The Canadian Cancer Society is the largest charitable funder of cancer research in Canada. In 2010-11, we invested $49 million in leading edge research across the country for a broad range of projects impacting all types of cancers, including, breast, prostate, colorectal and lung. As the largest charitable funder of cancer research in Canada, we are leading the way towards our goal: creating a world where no one has to be afraid of cancer.

Thanks for your support!

If you are serious about making an online donation, please PM me and I will link you directly to our fundraising page on the Canadian Cancer Society site, where you can find out everything you need. Note: You will be e-mailed a tax receipt within minutes of making your online donation.

Note: Online donations are NOT made to me, they are made directly to the Canadian Cancer Society, I do not receive ANY money, the money is simply pledged in the name of myself and my Relay Fundraising Team.

Please give anything you can SSC, even $5 will help, thanks again, PM me if you wanna donate!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts