Skyscraper City Forum banner

What do you think of the London 2012 logo?

• I like it

Votes: 29 19.6%
  • I'm undecided

Votes: 16 10.8%
  • i don't like it

Votes: 103 69.6%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Tax avoider
24,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It seems that the London 2012 logo, unveiled today, has stirred strong feelings among SSCers. To gauge the public mood among SSCers, please give your opinion by voting above.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I spent a good five minutes figuring out what the logo was about, could just about see an outline of the British Isles with scotland, england, wales, ireland and just for the sake of it the USA in the top left. Then I was told it spells 2012 :gossip: :bash:

The log is awful, I so much liked the old London 2012 logo they used for the bid

The Beijing ones look good too :applause: :eek:kay:

I'm dreading what the new torch and medals will look like, maybe swastika :clown:

·
head up funny boy
2,002 Posts
The saddest thing is: 400.000 for a logo that every student of graphic arts, every designer would have designed for less money and much better...

Dear LOGOC...:

It took me about 30 minutes to design this logo and it would have cost you.. lets say 50.000.... Now you have 350.000... With that money you can support young poor people that would like to become athletes...

·
1,226 Posts
err... it might take a while to get used to it.

·
nobody to worry about
160 Posts
Undecided. Anyway, for ****'s sake, ban the pink/red version. Right combination of colours can do the trick.

·
Building Sustainability
2,777 Posts
The saddest thing is: 400.000 for a logo that every student of graphic arts, every designer would have designed for less money and much better...

Dear LOGOC...:

It took me about 30 minutes to design this logo and it would have cost you.. lets say 50.000.... Now you have 350.000... With that money you can support young poor people that would like to become athletes...

If we have to stick with a similar design then yours are better by far. Well done!!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
I actually quite like it. The first glance was a confusing one, but I think it will be one of those things that, given time, will bore itself into your sub conscience and will a success.

I'm sick of hearing people slagging it off when they haven't given it a chance. I realise everyone has an opinion but I think this has been designed with longevity in mind (5 yrs to be precise) and is not meant to be instant.
People saying their children could do better is itself quite an immature comment in my eyes. Do they say this because it has a childish unorderliness to it? Or the colours? Would they prefer bold straight lines and dull colours? I think it has to appeal to the children of this world. As a football fan, when I cast my mind back to memorable world cups, I can always see the logo(or whatever u wanna call it) in my mind.

The only thing i'm not sure about is that it lacks cohesion - all the seperate parts look a bit at odds with each other - but the more I look at it the more it seems to work.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I really do not like the logo, as it seems do a lot of others around here.

I find it is trying to hard to be cool, and it is asking the everyday person to try to hard to understand it, which for an Olympics it really shouldn't do.

I have asked my family, some old some new and only one instantly read 2012, and even then they didn't understand why a bright pink, 'its a kind a magic esq' logo has to do with Olympics and sports?

·
Registered
676 Posts
The logo is great! I was very disappointed when i first saw it - but now it's clear that it is dynamic, original, exciting, and mysterious. Most of all - it is challenging - and that gets people thinking and talking.

The 'negative' press will all be positive by the end... for now, the stir is only good news. An event like this cant be quiet and pleasing.

·
Registered
9,544 Posts
- edit

·
Registered
881 Posts
ok... lisa simpson giving a blowey to someone having a crap.....it goes on...

I think I figured out why it was designed like that, a bit off, well, the person who designed it is obviously having a mid-life crisis and wants to look cool. Obviously failed miserably and should grow up.

Why, oh why can't some sturbon people (olympic organisers who have no sun shining out of their rear), act with dignity (and grow up) and listen! Listen to the young, listen to those their own age and listen to the old! Not many people like it, most Londoners dislike it, even the mayor (and he's had a few mid-life crisises too)!

·
Registered
24,354 Posts
I think Londoners have moved on by now.

Everyone knows what it looks like. Everyone can instantly recognise it.

To have a brand recognition in that space of time is pretty fantastic, even if loads of people thought it was crap.

It's not going to change now, it's even taking on alife of its own and will be a major graphical element of the stadium.

Move on.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts