Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cargo is a development in the coastal quarter of Plymouth, called Millbay.
Phase 1 will consist of 134 1 and 2 bedroom apartments, with 10 townhouses.
Phase 2 will be mainly commercial and retail spaces.
Site work began in April 2012 and is due to be completed in Summer 2013.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I was down in Plymouth last week and took a look at cargo 2 which is coming along. However its not where i expected it to be which is the vacant site next to cargo, it is instead across the road. Anybody know if there are any plans to develop the empty site next to Cargo? Also any pics of the Cargo 2 construction would be great

·
Registered
532 Posts
I'll be honest I'd forgotton about this place, as I haven't been down that way recently.
It's probably come on quite a way since I last saw it.

I can't seem to find any planning applications for that empty plot of land (enclosed by Phoenix Street, Sawrey Street, Martin Street) yet.
This Phasing plan (from 10-01882-OUT)seems to indicate that it's Phase 3, though that means they're doing Phase 5 now so perhaps they've changed their minds.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Picture of Cargo_2 underway
You can't see much due to all the protective wrapping - wonder if it was only put up recently to try and keep the strong winds out.
Looks like they'll be quite nice when finished though - I am a bit of a fan of wood cladding.

Cargo_2 construction - Millbay by neuphin, on Flickr

I see the jetty between the inner and outer basin has been grassed over now too, with a nice path around the the edge, made a nice walk for a few minutes.

·
Registered
140 Posts
^ Thanks, drove past the other day and noticed it was starting to be unvelied and wanted a closer look.

Does anybody know if it has commercial space at the bottom of the main building or just residential?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Just had a look at the planning application (10/02131/FUL).
There is indeed a retail unit on the ground floor of the main building - the bit behind the hoardings in the last picture above.

With any luck they'll find someone to fill it.
They've applied to turn the commecial units round the back of Cargo(1) into residential.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts