Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 680 Posts

·
Registered
3,184 Posts

Site plan as well; consultation event on 22nd March at the Printworks, 17:30 to 20:00.

Just an observation; if the white block in the middle of that image is the one i've highlighted in red here (and is ten storeys) then a quick look at the shadows on the ground can give us a guesstimate of other heights on the site.. including a 20+ storey on the corner of Sayner Road/Chadwick Street.

·
Registered
4,024 Posts
Well that looks like a great taster image, I'd be happy if all the blocks were of that standard and height, although to fit 900 homes I would imagine there must be a tall in there somewhere. Look forward to seeing more details on the 22nd!

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We have joked about X1 getting on with things before but I really did not expect to see any details on this so soon. I think I am more exited about this than any other proposal we have had.
Pretty sure they started on X1 Aire before planning permission was even finalised? There hasn’t been a single development of theirs over the last few years anywhere where they have obtained planning permission but haven’t developed the site. This is also their largest ever development in terms of total value which shows a lot of confidence in Leeds. Really buzzing about this.

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Anyone gone to the X1 South Bank consultation this evening?
Yes, just got back!

Looks really good, very high quality proposals - mostly brick 5/6/7 storeys along the edges of the site to blend with the Printworks, 16 and a 20 storey pure glass tower on the edge closest to Clarence House, massive public square in the centre that is meant to function as an extension to the City Park.

They've been in discussions with the council for a while now and will be doing a pre-submission presentation at the April panel, prior to a full planning application within the next couple of months. X1 have every intention of building as soon as an application is passed - specifically bringing up Vastint's site 'which after all this time is still at outline stage' as an example of how they're going to come forward asap.

Some images I took down below; although they said that all the panels would be available to view on the web tonight. Didn't look like many people had attended.

Very sorry about the image size.

·
Registered
914 Posts
Yes, just got back!

Looks really good, very high quality proposals - mostly brick 5/6/7 storeys along the edges of the site to blend with the Printworks, 16 and a 20 storey pure glass tower on the edge closest to Clarence House, massive public square in the centre that is meant to function as an extension to the City Park.

They've been in discussions with the council for a while now and will be doing a pre-submission presentation at the April panel, prior to a full planning application within the next couple of months. X1 have every intention of building as soon as an application is passed - specifically bringing up Vastint's site 'which after all this time is still at outline stage' as an example of how they're going to come forward asap.

Some images I took down below; although they said that all the panels would be available to view on the web tonight. Didn't look like many people had attended.

Very sorry about the image size.

Thank you for putting in the effort

·
Registered
3,184 Posts
Aye indeed.

We need more developers like this to step in, take the initiative, crack on and embarrass all the time wasting 'Billy Big Bollock' developers who do nothing but talk etc.

To be fair to Vastint the City Park only got approved at Exec board either last month or the month before, so despite the application being in for so long there’s not much they could do until the park position had been agreed. X1 don’t have that other commitment with this site

1 - 20 of 680 Posts