SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 1019 Posts

·
Banned
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello and welcome to the thread dedicated to Poland in the Interbellum (1918-39).

The objective is to show photos of both larger cities and smaller towns (e.g. holiday resorts), architectural gems (e.g. castles and palaces), as well as to present some interesting aspects of then everyday's life captured on camera.

Needless to say, I'd be delighted if other forumers would support me and contribute to this thread as well. :)

·
Banned
8,060 Posts
very good idea, I thought this was about interwar modernism, but life in general could be interesting depending on what u can find. I will contribute what I can :)

·
Banned
580 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
very good idea, I thought this was about interwar modernism, but life in general could be interesting depending on what u can find. I will contribute what I can :)
Thanks. There appear to be tons of pics from everyday's life in Interwar Poland, but I was thinking of posting them at later stage, after the photos of architecture.

Krakow (fortunately, it didn't change too much)

http://img.audiovis.nac.gov.pl/PIC/PIC_1-U-2336.jpg

(...)
Many thanks for your input, mate. :)

I like the Market Square with plenty of trees back then.

A few more pics & a video from Kraków:

---

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Gdynia
In 1925 a special committee was inaugurated to build the city; city expansion plans were designed and city rights were granted in 1926, and tax privileges were granted for investors in 1927. The city started to grow significantly after 1928. In 1938 Gdynia was the largest and most modern seaport on the Baltic Sea (!!), as well as the tenth biggest in Europe. The trans-shipments rose to 8.7 million tons, which was 46% of Polish foreign trade. By 1939 the population had grown to over 120,000.

·
TANNED
211 Posts

Wow. These buildings have modern look. IMO nicer than commieblocks from "PRL" period.

1 - 20 of 1019 Posts