Skyscraper City Forum banner
1341 - 1360 of 2133 Posts

·
Possibly Registered User
951 Posts

DSC04296

I don't know if this is coast guard or police vehicles ?
I think I see the words "Guardia di Finanza" or some such on the back of a hatchback there - some Italian government police thing.

·
Registered
5,103 Posts
Hong Kong has similar laws to Britain and was British territory until 1997. Number plates are therefore very similar as well as police vehicles and markings. Also, road markings are more or less the same. Know your background before you say things like that.
Lol get over yourself! I wasn't exactly singling Hong Kong, I was talking in broader terms. New Zealand, Hong Kong, Europe..

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
SOUTH AFRICA
You know these bad-boys from any movie set in Apartheid South Africa :
On guard by warrenski, on Flickr
The most ubiquitous vehicle in the SAP - the "Bakkie" or cheese wagon - as they used to be yellow under Apartheid.

South African Police by PhotoGizmo, on Flickr
The Flying Squad - quick responce - they drive BMW 3 and 5 series. niiiice! :D

South African police drive nice cars! by maclaren, on Flickr
MORE BMW's this time the Bike Wing

Police Demo by Werner Vermaak, on Flickr
my personal favorite ...the anti riot truck with water cannon!

South African Police Services Water Cannon by flxy, on Flickr
...and thanks to the FIFA WORLD CUP - we have all these shiny new helicopters too!!

ZS-RFI MD.500E Police Wonderboom 27-09-2010 Johan Hetebrij 3816 by Balloony Dutchman, on Flickr

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
The Netherlands

Royal Marechausse/Gendarmerie

Unmarked Marechausee motor is used for traffic. Notice the integrated red led-lichts in the tank near the BMW logo.
There are three text-lines, 'STOP', 'POLICE' and 'FOLLOW'.

Police officer in old uniform (white)

Police officer in new uniform (Yellow)

·
12,729 Posts
^^ The video description:

Dreamnight is organized by the emergency services in The Netherlands. The goal is to let sick children and mentally disabled kids have a wonderful day and to forget that they're sick for one day, the children are picked up by hospitals with ambulances, fire engines and police cars. Then they're being brought to the zoo of Amsterdam (Artis) so they can be happy for just one day and forget that they're very sick and probably are going to die young.. It's very sad but because the children have to suffer each day of their disease they deserve one day of happiness, after a day in the zoo they're going to drive the rest of the night in the city of Amsterdam with sirens en lights. The goal of dreamnight is to make the children forget one day that they're having a disease.
:(

·
12,729 Posts
^^ They are making this show-off with the emergency vehicles for a good cause :)applause: for that), but I am sad that there are kids around the world that have a disease... :(

The goal is to let sick children and mentally disabled kids have a wonderful day and to forget that they're sick for one day

·
Registered
18 Posts
The Netherlands
I found a video with not only the police, but also firetrucks and ambulances.
I hope it’s not a problem :)

The Emergency vehicles are very well in comparishing with spain but the sirens i do´t like the typical european gay siren "niii noooo niii nooo"" , so I prefer the belgian, english spain or american tones of this

·
12,729 Posts
Romanian tones:

Police:

Ambulance (they still use sometimes the European "tuu-taa" siren):

Firefighters (I tried to find a decent clip with a romanian firetruck in action, but I found just this one with 3 old and rusty trucks each one having a different tone):

1341 - 1360 of 2133 Posts