SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I would like to share with You guys some of photos which I have made here. I am for 1 month in Rauma - Finland. I arrived here on the begining of November but I am leaving in few days. Maybe I will back but who knows...
I must admit I do like Finland because of so calmy country. Juest great and peacefull city. Here are some photos. I did circa 500 but not all are great for publishing. I am an amatour of photography and sorry if some of You as Pro don't like it. Photos are for my memories;-)
Take care.

PLEASE DON'T TAKE ANY PHOTOS TO ANOTHER FORUM, TREATHS, BLOGS...JUST ASK....

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
Amazing photos.. thanks for sharing..

I have never visited the town but I would love to. Rauma has its own dialect of Finnish, "Rauman giäl". The dialect inherits words from languages such as Swedish, English and German due to the seafaring past. It has a very distinct sound which is easly noticeable.

Old Rauma is actually the largest wooden town in the Nordic countries. It is a UNESCO heritage site. I love the old wooden houses and the tiny ally ways.. really picturesque!

I love how ornate the buildings are:

Could you take some photos of the exterior and interior of the church of the holy cross?

·
Registered
67,609 Posts
WoW

Nice pictures :eek:kay:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@designewise, thank You for some information about Rauma. I cameover here because of internship in Olkouito. In rauma I have hotel and I am here during nights;-) I do work here during 4 weeks.
I was wonder what's going on with their language because I did notice it is very similar to German-English. but You wrote me very clearly. I have catch 2 words because is very hard to understand Finnish:lol:
About church. well I have only free weekends and then can to visit the city. I haven't any maps etc and only on the walks I can discover some parts of this city. Yesterday I was close to church and here are some photos. I have no idea if it is what is on Your mind;-) hopefully you like it;-)

·
Registered
30,772 Posts
Wow! Very nice! Thanks for sharing! :eek:kay:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WELL, I would love to thank to everyone for so nice words. I was so busy lately but now I have found a little time and here are some more pixes;-) enjoy;-)

I do not wanna this thread died. I am goinf there in few days so will try to post more photos:)

cheers:cheers:

·
Registered
501 Posts
50 km from here :banana:

Never visited Rauma during winter. It's more of a summer town (like most towns here). Thanks for the picture tour though!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
oh, photos were made on Novemberand it was chilly couple of days. Now I am affraid how nowdays there is. I am going there on the 15 th so we will see. hopefully will be quite normal, hope so and I must cross my fingers. I DON'T wanna to change for ice.... I can't wait warmer weather:nuts:

·
Registered
501 Posts
Yep. It's rather cold here right now. About -10C. In Rauma even colder as it's located right next to the sea. But perhaps this colder period is a short one :yes:

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol, so almost the some temerature here in Poland, when I am living. But on 15th of January I am going back to Finland. I will stay longer because of my contract there....

we have snow right now and tomorow suppose to have some snow-storm, brrrr cold. I know Finland is much more colder but hopefully I will not feel so low temp.

BTW how nice to meet someone who will / is living close to me;-)

:banana:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts