SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
(NO Politics) LEBANON Thread!

Lebanon deserves a thread (and forum) that is positive and shows the greatness of our country.

That means posting about the great things in Lebanon and the promising future of the country. It's about time there is a thread that isn't polluted with ignorant posts about the politics of 20 years ago. That means if you are Israeli or Palestinian and you want to post here please avoid arguing and limit your discussion to the topic.

All are welcome...

Thanks

·
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
LEBANON AT NIGHT

Downtown Beirut:

Verdun 730:

Verdun 732:

Holiday Inn (Dunes):

Hotel Riviera:

The famous Bristol Hotel:

Palm Springs Village (restaurants and shopping plaza):

Heliopolitan Hotel (In the distance):

The Beirut Light House (Manara) and Palace Cafe restaurant/club:

Corniche:

Allay Village:

More to come...

·
Banned
442 Posts
how can you mention great things in lebanon & the promising future of the country in the same breath, when i see & hear from the ordinary lebanese people on tv saying that the country is turned into a shambles, and we should all emigrate because there's no future for us & for our children in this country?

am i missing something?

psst.. i'm not israeli nor palestinian.

·
Registered
649 Posts
wakrah-wi-bas said:
how can you mention great things in lebanon & the promising future of the country in the same breath, when i see & hear from the ordinary lebanese people on tv saying that the country is turned into a shambles, and we should all emigrate because there's no future for us & for our children in this country?

am i missing something?

sad to hear that but if you guys do move somewhere make sure its colombia;), we love lebanese people in colombia, and we already have a largte population of lebanese people in colombia, and one of our greatest president was lebanese, besides lebanese women are just gorgeous :drool:

btw: i dont care about politics your country is beautiful!!!!!!

·
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
wakrah-wi-bas said:

am i missing something?

Well I know many EMIGRANTS (including myself) that would LOVE to go back. Just be patient the situation there is improving. I am sure that there is a great future ahead for Lebanon.

And you should know how Lebanese people talk, they are always pessimistic and always complain but deep down they love Lebanon more than anything and would hate having to leave. Just ask any emigrants, they will tell you they regretted ever leaving.

·
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
conquest said:
sad to hear that but if you guys do move somewhere make sure its colombia;), we love lebanese people in colombia, and we already have a largte population of lebanese people in colombia, and one of our greatest president was lebanese, besides lebanese women are just gorgeous :drool:

btw: i dont care about politics your country is beautiful!!!!!!
Thank you conquest! Colombia is beautiful too and so are the women! Btw, how could you forget the one and only Shakira (half Colombian/half Lebanese)... she is the definition of what happens when you put our peoples together.

If you love Lebanese women so much you should go visit Beirut... :)

·
Registered
1,791 Posts
Lebanon Kicks ASS!!

Lets hope they become a model of Muslim/Christian coexistence living side by side in peace.

I think Beirut has incredible tourism potential!!

·
Registered
385 Posts
wakrah-wi-bas said:

am i missing something?

Well I am an emigrant too, but after I graduate I think of moving back there.
"The Land of Milk and Honey" ;)

1 - 20 of 73 Posts