SkyscraperCity banner

How often do you take the Metro?

• Daily

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Weekdays only (to get to and from work)

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A couple times a week

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • A couple times a year

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Never

Votes: 9 33.3%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just out of curiousity. Let's see how Metro ridership is amongst the forumers lol...

·
6,890 Posts
I live near FIU, so it doesn't play into my daily routine, but I'm a transit rider at heart, so I usually find myself riding it every so often when I can make it work. Whenever I'm attending events downtown, I usually try to park at a metro stop and ride it downtown.

I won't be living in this area when the East-West line is completed, but if I were, it would likely become my primary mode of transportation.

·
Registered Fool
2,775 Posts
I only ride it couple times a year. When some friends and I decide we don't want to drive to downtown and deal with parking there. It's also because we plan on drinking like animals and can't drive after also.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
I'm sure the number is low because the metrorail isn't close to most of us. However if you were to take a poll of only the very few Miamians who either live or work (or both) close to the metrorail, you would find the averages for that question far different.

Most people I know who take the metro live far, but work close to it. Their commuting habits are to drive to a station and park (Dadeland North, Dadeland South or South Miami if they live in Kendall or Palmetto or Tri-rail if they live in Broward) and take it to Either Government or Civic Center where they work. I'm blessed to both live and work close to a metrorail so commuting that way is a no brainer for me, high gas prices or not.

·
Registered
1,740 Posts
I normally carpool but end up taking it home 4 or 5 times month when I'm working late. I transfer to bus at Dadeland North.

·
Ça va?
3,755 Posts
I ride it only if my destination is Dwtn or Brickell on weekends or on special events such as concerts, ULTRA, and stuff...

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I normally take the Metro a couple times a week when I'm going to Downtown or Brickell to visit friends.

·
Banned
107 Posts
Riding the metro is a cool experience, especially that we have a mono air metro.

BTW, this easy-card thing is not helping me at all, I prefer the old bus/metro passes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I used to take it almost every day but now I only take it two times a week. It's cool but waiting for it at night is a pain. I got back from downtown a few nights ago at 10:30pm when the metro was supposed to arrive at 8:50pm! I can't wait to get my own car...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts