Skyscraper City Forum banner

LOOKS vs. PERSONALITY

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
(¯`·._.•MaHdI•._.·´¯)
1,106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you judge your first impression of a person on their LOOKS or their personality??

personally, i must say that the first thing that Captures my attention is LOOKS, but pERSONALITY plays a role a bit later on
:)

It is looks that capture the attention, but personality that captures the heart"

·
Banned
11 Posts

Goodie, my first official chit-chat contribution.

Abu Hurairah reported,

The Prophet, peace and blessings of God be on him, said:

"A woman is married on account of four things; on account of her wealth, and on account of the nobility of her family, and her beauty, and on account of her character. So attain success with the one possessing nobility of character." (Bukhari 67: 16.)

·
Banned
198 Posts
personally, i must say that the first thing that Captures my attention is LOOKS, but pERSONALITY plays a role a bit later on

It is looks that capture the attention, but personality that captures the heart"
Lol,this is exaclty what I wanted to say. Fully agree with you!

·
Registered
7,598 Posts
I agree with what my religion and my Prophet says . Character/personality /intelligence /faith are the only criterions to judge a person, not looks !

I never bother about one's look.

Mahdi, how about men and women who were born without good look ? Are they inferior or losers to the handsome and the beauty ?

·
Melburnian
2,375 Posts
i go for both but again like and Dolls are are Bitchs Hot but bitchs and Fake like i was at the shops and the sales chick was standing there and i thought she was those plastic models !

·
415 Posts
personality.. i hate dolls, but to be honest if someone if dumb, becomes less attractive anyways.
Beauty doesn't equal doll. I too hate fake beauty but have nothing against natural beauty, quite on the contrary. However, that doesn't mean I judge people based on their looks, because I think character is more important.

·
Banned
11 Posts
actually to correct you, the three criterias are, faith, beauty and money.
I quoted a direct translation of the hadith, and it states four criteria.

But I agree with you that the translation of "character" is a bit broad, as the original Arabic uses the word "Din" for religion or faith. But it is taken to mean both faith and manner, which are part of character.

·
415 Posts
I quoted a direct translation of the hadith, and it states four criteria.

But I agree with you that the translation of "character" is a bit broad, as the original Arabic uses the word "Din" for religion or faith. But it is taken to mean both faith and manner, which are part of character.
I have manners but absolutely no faith (at least not in a God/religious figure) so I guess I fail the character test. :lol:

·
Registered
470 Posts
i go for both but again like and Dolls are are Bitchs Hot but bitchs and Fake like i was at the shops and the sales chick was standing there and i thought she was those plastic models !
lol hahah, being Australias fashion capital there are a lot of doll like girls Melbourne

1 - 20 of 63 Posts