Very hard , S. Africa ?

·
Optimum
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DvW said:
LOL, in your GTC's its just a matter of just guess what you don't think :D

:dance:
Actually you should know the process of how I choose these countries: I tried to be a guesser, and those country listed are actually my "guesses" + the actual country hidden.

For example, the above pic from a farm near Rostov... I almost had an image of Araucania region of Chile immediately. Actually I was trying to find pics that would surprise you guys!

·
Optimum
9,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Look at Poll my country-17, the orthodox church. Note that the architecture style looks obviously Ukrainian rather than Russian--- however I don't have Ukraine on my poll, thus Russia seems the most sensible guess. Yet that was actually the Ukrainian Church from Saskatoon, that's true. Every time when I was there I thought I were in Southeastern Europe--- but not Russia (The geographic distribution of such kind of architecture is usually in Caucasian/Volga Region, as well as Belarus, Smolensk area--- but maybe I am wrong... Central Russian Architecture is different, as well as Subcarpathian Ukraine around Lviv) However, as there are always exception. Ukrainian-Canadian living in Saskatchewan have built some characteristic churches, some looks Ukrainian, while small chapels are sometimes look like a mixture between American and Ukrainian, and a few of them are Balkan/Greek looking wooden architecture!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts