SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Pick the correct country!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Optimum
10,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
A German or Italian city in Brazil or Argentina? - But I am still confused by the contrast of soil and vegetation...
No. Not in Brazil or Italy.

For Argentina--- there are only several cities have population > 500,000. Buenos Aires, La Plata and Rosario have perhaps the most influences from Germany and Italy.

Hint: A city influeced by wide varieties of European culture.

· Optimum
10,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Didn't you say it's an over 500'000 city and the country borders Germany? If Den Haag is the closest and closer than Rotterdam and Amsterdam is out and Bruxelles, Strasbourg, Basel, Zürich or Copenhagen as well as the Polnish cities are wrong, what is left then? Utrecht or Antwerpen?
Neither. Now the solution is apparent.

· Optimum
10,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
"slight German influence"?
Paris
Guess the park now. It's in Paris.

Hint: "Colonial".

As a world city, Paris has the most diverse culture amongst major French cities. Immigrants and commerce significantly combined with its French traditions. Many merchants, scholars, industrialists, workers all around Europe, many from Germany, Alsace, Belgium, Russia, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Scandinavia, etc. lived and worked in Paris. African, Vietnamese and Chinese immigrants also influenced the culture of Paris.

· Optimum
10,750 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
How someone can come up saying that Paris is a German colony????? That doesn't make sense at all for me, sorry. Or I just misunderstood the whole thread :lol:
Often the city which has the most tendency to colonise others might in turn colonised by others culturally. Alsatians (Most of them were German speaking) like Baron Haussmann modernised Paris into a vibrant city. Paris metropolitan area is one of the most multi-cultural in Europe: at the 1999 census, 19.4% of its total population was born outside France.

The park, is not that "colonial" actually, the problem lies on its name.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.