photos by cellPL

[/B]

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Tricity/Trójmiasto/Gdańsk

Gdansk to host 2020 UEFA Europa League final
The distinctive Arena Gdańsk, venue for four games at UEFA EURO 2012, gets the nod

Arena Gdańsk in Gdansk, Poland, will stage the 2020 UEFA Europa League final.

Istanbul to host 2020 Champions League final
Porto to host 2020 Super Cup
Vienna to host 2020 women's final

Opened in 2011, Arena Gdańsk hosted four games at UEFA EURO 2012 – three group stage fixtures and Germany's 4-2 quarter-final win against Greece – and is home to Ekstraklasa side Lechia Gdańsk. Poland have played a number of international friendlies at the stadium, but the ground has yet to hold a match in UEFA club competition.

Located in the city's Letnica neighbourhood, the stadium's curved 45,000 square-metre exterior consists of 18,000 plates designed to resemble amber, which has long been extracted along the Baltic coast.

The decision was taken at Thursday's UEFA Executive Committee meeting in Kyiv.
http://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/news/newsid=2560496.html

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Park of Poland, biggest entertainment park in CEE with one the biggest aquaparks in Europe, rollercoasters etc. is under constrution in Mszczonow, near Warsaw.

Aquapark is U/C in first phase

Warsaw and Poland will also get new Central Airport in Stanisławów village near Warsaw.

Airport will handle even 100m PAX as it will have reserves for further expansion. Around airport new Airport City is planned with congress centres, hotels etc. that will create thousands jobs.

Total cost of the airport with railway and road infrastructure is estimated at around 9 billion dollar.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hala Koszyki after renewal:

by Ring

photos by wa.fot
[/url]
IMG_9121 by wa.fot, on Flickr

IMG_9122 by wa.fot, on Flickr

IMG_9126 by wa.fot, on Flickr

IMG_9130 by wa.fot, on Flickr

IMG_9132 by wa.fot, on Flickr

IMG_9135 by wa.fot, on Flickr

IMG_9141 by wa.fot, on Flickr

IMG_9142 by wa.fot, on Flickr

IMG_9167 by wa.fot, on Flickr

IMG_9172 by wa.fot, on Flickr

IMG_9173 by wa.fot, on Flickr

IMG_9178 by wa.fot, on Flickr

IMG_9183 by wa.fot, on Flickr

IMG_9185 by wa.fot, on Flickr

IMG_9195 by wa.fot, on Flickr

by Mônsterior

by Sponsor

·
Registered
7,460 Posts
Espectaculares imágenes Tonik!
Eres polaco?
Hace tiempo leo noticias de Polonia como una nueva estrella económica.
Podrías contarnos un poco de esto? tus conocimientos y sensaciones respecto a los cambios económicos...

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 · (Edited)
^^@Martin Ferraro

Yes I'm Polish. There is construction boom in Warsaw and also in Poland. As for economic situation it's quite good. Many people that emigrated considers moving back to Poland. Poland lacks workforce now. Also many foreign people started to move to Poland form Ukraine (unoffcial rumours say there's 2 million Ukrainians in Poland), Belarus, Italians etc.

Of course Poland borders western europe with some richest and most developed countries in the world so there are still things to catch up to them.

Poland had biggest GDP per capita growth in Europe since 1990 (fall of communism) and it will soon overtake (along with other countries in region ike Czechia, Slovakia) countries of so called "old western europe" Greece and Portagal.

Actually I checked and Poland alaready overtook Greece. Poland will overtake Portgal next year probably

In 1989, at the time of the fall of communism, the standard of living in Poland amounted to barely 29 percent. in Portugal. In 2004, this indicator reached 62.3 percent. Everything changed the financial crisis, which hit with all its strength in Portugal, but essentially spared Poland.

Already, the average salary in Portugal (1154 euros gross) is slightly lower than in Poland (1174 euros). And as Wikipedia estimates based on OECD and IMF data, if you take into account real purchasing power, the distance in the level of remuneration between the two countries (USD 1,500 in Portugal compared to USD 2,400 in Poland) is already becoming significant. The European Commission itself emphasizes that the price level of a representative basket of goods and services is significantly lower in Poland (54% of the EU average) than in Portugal (84%).

Change in GDP per capita (1990 = 100)

·
Registered
7,460 Posts
^^@Martin Ferraro

Yes I'm Polish. There is construction boom in Warsaw and also in Poland. As for economic situation it's quite good. Many people that emigrated considers moving back to Poland. Poland lacks workforce now. Also many foreign people started to move to Poland form Ukraine (unoffcial rumours say there's 2 million Ukrainians in Poland), Belarus, Italians etc.

Of course Poland borders western europe with some richest and most developed countries in the world so there are still things to catch up to them.

Poland had biggest GDP per capita growth in Europe since 1990 (fall of communism) and it will soon overtake (along with other countries in region ike Czechia, Slovakia) countries of so called "old western europe" Greece and Portagal.

Actually I checked and Poland alaready overtook Greece. Poland will overtake Portgal next year probably

In 1989, at the time of the fall of communism, the standard of living in Poland amounted to barely 29 percent. in Portugal. In 2004, this indicator reached 62.3 percent. Everything changed the financial crisis, which hit with all its strength in Portugal, but essentially spared Poland.

Already, the average salary in Portugal (1154 euros gross) is slightly lower than in Poland (1174 euros). And as Wikipedia estimates based on OECD and IMF data, if you take into account real purchasing power, the distance in the level of remuneration between the two countries (USD 1,500 in Portugal compared to USD 2,400 in Poland) is already becoming significant. The European Commission itself emphasizes that the price level of a representative basket of goods and services is significantly lower in Poland (54% of the EU average) than in Portugal (84%).

Change in GDP per capita (1990 = 100)
Interesting Tonik.
So... those are the results but ... what are the causes? where is the "origin" of all these transformations?
Is there an unemployed economy minister who wants to work in Argentina? :lol:

(sorry for my english :))

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well what can I say- there are no shortcuts. Hard work. Poland was basically bankroupt in 1990. Communist economy was for whole 80's in constant crisis. I remember that 90's and 00's were hard and poor times.

There is quite many sources on the internet, I think they are more accurate than me

https://www.mckinsey.com/featured-insights/europe/how-poland-can-become-a-european-growth-engine

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/05/opinion/poland-economy-trump-russia.html

https://guce.oath.com/collectConsen...d6e-a91e-9e028c6095f9&lang=en-US&inline=false

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_Poland
etc.

I thnink there will be no one simple answer and you will find many opinions on Polish economic tranformation.

Certainly Polish potential for growth was blocked by being part of Soviet world.

Sinfonia Varsovia building, construction will start 2018/2019

1 - 20 of 44 Posts