SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Just when you thought that Ponsonby couldn't get any hipper ;)

Finally some more info ... another favourite project of mine at the moment (along with SkyPath and the Wynyard Farm) ... as much as I love skyscrapers the afore-mentioned projects are far more important to me ... it is hip and very communal .... oh my word, I have definitely become a true Kiwi now :lol: Awesome :cheers:

Due to open in October, the markets will sell fresh wholesale produce, flowers, meat, wine and cheese.

The Laneway down the central core of the building will be bustling with some of the best street vendors in town.

The Ponsonby Road edge will be buzzing with restaurants hosted by signature chefs and food related retail counters.

The place will have an industrial and raw feel to it.

You will be able to learn from a cheese maker, coffee roaster, butcher and baker who will all be working on site.

The development will also incorporate a communal garden where gardeners will demonstrate how to build and maintain organic gardens :cheers:

·
Registered
4,611 Posts
Looks really great! And people wonder why the innercity is so desirable, yet at the same time the government appears to think they can solve the housing shortage by forcing more sprawl on us.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't mind them at all, they have been a part of Ponsonby's skyline for as long as I can remember. Digital boards would be much better but I think that it suits this development.

·
If seagulls could talk...
700 Posts
I'm not entirely anti-billboards, but I feel these cheapen the development - they're just stuck on - obviously a carry over from the existing situation.

I wouldn't mind a giant carved picture frame, something digital & futuristic, flags/banners, or if the billboard were incorporated into the building's parapet/frieze.

Otherwise, the project looks great & is a huge upgrade...It looks like the developers are being economical in their renovation, but have managed to incorporate some great spaces & features in a tasteful way.

·
Registered
8,497 Posts

Ponsonby Central by craigsydnz, on Flickr

Sliding Doors

Laneway

Richmond Road side

Ponsonby Central by craigsydnz, on Flickr​

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks as if they still have a lot of work to do if they want to be open by next month ? Every time we drive past the site is looks as if they are in no hurry to finish it.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts