SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are the poor and what are the rich disricts in your city ?

in my city (berlin) the rich are ..... parts of zehlendorf, dahlem ,frohnau, karlshorst

the poor are Schönberg- north ,Moabit, wedding north- neukölln,Gropiusstadt ,Kreuzburg,Hohenschönhausen ,marzahn north :runaway: ,and parts of Hellersdorf and Lichtenberg (esp. the newer parts) :runaway:

whats is with your city districts please make list in the same style ..

·
121,773 Posts
Hong Kong

The poor live in Shek Kip Mei (soon to be demolished) :

The rich live along the hillsides or enjoy ocean views on HK Island (there are some more smaller pockets in other areas) :

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
hhmmmmm in Anaheim, rich: Anaheim Hills, poor: most areas around dt Anaheim

In LA, rich: areas of West LA, South and Coastal OC

Poor: South and central LA, other areas

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
Minneapolis

Rich: the outer two rings of suburbs that surround both DT Minneapolis & St. Paul

Poor: the first ring of suburbs surrounding DT Minneapolis & St. Paul plus the residentials in the cities iteslf.

This ofcourse, is a sweeping generalization.

·
Couch Weight
2,934 Posts
Quezon City (part of Metro Manila)
Poor: Payatas (landfill), Areas around the Phlippine Legislative Building, inside the Universiy of the Philippines, and small land pockets around the city.

Payatas Landfill, Quezon City

Rich: Ayala Heights, Loyola Heights-St Ignatius-White Plains-Acropolis-Greenmeadows-Corinthian area (Katipunan-Libis), and New Manila

An IT Park (Eastwood City) in the Katipunan-Libis area

·
17,379 Posts
In HK, the poor districts would be mostly around the western and eastern parts of Kowloon. Some of them would be Shek Kip Mei, Kwun Tong, Sham Shui Po, Mong Kok and Yau Ma Tei. The southwestern parts of HK Island is mostly poor with districts such as Aberdeen and Wah Fu.

The rich areas would be the southeastern parts of HK Island and The Peak. Some of them are Shouson Hill, Repulse Bay, Stanley / Tai-Tam and Jardines Lookout.

Sham Shui Po

·
17,379 Posts
cosmoManila said:
Quezon City (part of Metro Manila)
Poor: Payatas (landfill), Areas around the Phlippine Legislative Building, inside the Universiy of the Philippines, and small land pockets around the city.

Rich: Ayala Heights, Loyola Heights-St Ignatius-White Plains-Acropolis-Greenmeadows-Corinthian area (Katipunan-Libis), and New Manila
Most of those who live in New Manila are considered "old rich". There's a artist bar that I go to there which is Big Sky Mind :)

·
17,379 Posts
Anyway, I just find Quezon City unorganized when it comes to urban planning. There are areas where you see a nice 2 storie house next to a 4 star hotel, next to a high-rise condo, next to a slum, next to a restaurant, next to a low-rise shopping centre!

·
17,379 Posts
lotrfan55345 said:
Really about the Chinese? Maybe thats why most of my relatives choose to live there.
High class villages such as Ayala Alabang or Forbes Park wouldn't have a large tsinoy residents.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
WANCH said:
Most of those who live in New Manila are considered "old rich". There's a artist bar that I go to there which is Big Sky Mind :)
WAIT A MINUTE!!! There's a NEW Manila? Where's is this place located? Do you guys have pictures?

·
Couch Weight
2,934 Posts
Ayala and Forbes are home to the Spanish elite, expats, and some embassies.
QC was supposed to be well-planned. It's just that zoning wasn't strictly followed.

Tsinoys are everywhere. But the big concentration is in (you guessed it) Chinatown or Binondo.

·
Couch Weight
2,934 Posts
612bv3 said:
WAIT A MINUTE!!! There's a NEW Manila? Where's is this place located? Do you guys have pictures?
That New Manila is, well, OLD. That's why old rich people live there. The place is full of old mansions. It's been around since the early 20th century, I think.

·
17,379 Posts
612bv3 said:
New Manila is the area north of Greenhills I think.

As for Quezon City there's just some affluent areas mixed with slums. Usually those that don't have security.

·
17,379 Posts
But if we're talking about Metro Manila, the richest areas would be around Makati like Forbes Park, Dasmarinas and Urdaneta. The poorest would be Tondo.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts