SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 365 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I couldnt find any topics on this subject so I decided to start a new one. This is a thread for pictures taken from seats with poor views because of low roofs, suppporting pillars, overhanging tiers, etc...

Just to give an example I'll start with a picture taken from the back of the Anfield Road Stand Lower when standing up.

·
Registered
28,068 Posts
Dortmund
Ok, you can see the pitch. But its not very comfortable.

·
Registered
Blackboard Monitor
19,103 Posts

Tottenham Hotspur - White Hart Lane - East Stand, restricted view seats

I've never sat in that part of the ground, so it's not my photo, but the pillars in the East Stand are a bit of a bugger and another reason why the club are building a new ground in the next few years.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
that dortmund one is horrible. i'm a dortmund and germany supporter but i seriously don't know how that stadium got the rights to host the world semi.

·
Registered
80 Posts
U ARE ALL SPOILED :lol:

On the top row in the bottom tier u can't see whole pitch if u stand like anfield, and a little part as u can see on the left of the stand is heavily "pillard"......well... 3 pillars and obstructed sight by the glass wall in the east stand.... So imagine standing in the top corner on the bottom tier :lol: .... But still one super-great stand to make noice and a good atmosphere........ Obstructed sight is the hidden recipe to loud supporters..... :cheers:

·
12,275 Posts
Tottenham Hotspur - White Hart Lane - East Stand, restricted view seats

I've never sat in that part of the ground, so it's not my photo, but the pillars in the East Stand are a bit of a bugger and another reason why the club are building a new ground in the next few years.
Well I'd have to imagine any view of White Hart Lane is a pretty lousy view. ;)

·
Banned
2,379 Posts
I think many of those stadiums have such horrible angles just for the sake of a few more seats to "increase" the capacity. Or it could be a case of alcohol influence to the architect.

·
12,275 Posts
Jeez, dear ugliness !
Is that stadium constructed with IKEA stuff or something :nuts:
I think the architect was paid on a per column basis. It does resemble some childrens'-toy approach, like Lincoln Logs or something.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Jeez, dear ugliness !
Is that stadium constructed with IKEA stuff or something :nuts:
Haha!

No but this stadium have mostly original parts left.
They have just boosted it up with new tiers and stuff through the years.
Like the upper tier on that stand, which is kinda new from 1995. The pillars is there because theres no room to build it more back which would require more space behind the stand... here's a shot from 1937, as u can see theres alot recemblance with it unlike for example anfield 1937 and anfield today........

I like this stadium really much because of its personality which is unlikely to find in these new spaceship stadium around the world...

Pele won with brazil their first wc here 1958 beating sweden.

1 - 20 of 365 Posts