Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Senior Button Pusher
17,166 Posts
Hmm I like downtown Tampa but dont know if I would live there. Unless Channelside is considered downtown in Tampa? I Channelside similar to what Thorton Park is here?
Yeah the Channel District is considered part of downtown proper, not just the "downtown area".

(Channelside is the name of a road in the district, and part of the name of the main retail center, but it's not the name of the neighborhood)

·
Mr. Justice
479 Posts
Yeah the Channel District is considered part of downtown proper, not just the "downtown area".

(Channelside is the name of a road in the district, and part of the name of the main retail center, but it's not the name of the neighborhood)
I didnt know that. Im going over there Tuesday. Whats the proper name of the area? I was confused last time.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
The title is about Tampa but it also mentions other cities so I thought I'd put it in the Florida Forum

http://www.bizjournals.com/tampabay...town-growth-outpaces-most-florida-cities.html

Congrats to Orlando! It must be getting crazy around there.
^^^^^^^^^^ Yes, Congrats To Orlando and Miami:), Mostly Due To The Near Future Of " All Aboard Florida " :cheers:
So So True Del Mayberry:), Our SSC Friendly Family Tampa Bay Friend:banana:, All Across the country of U.S.A. and The America's, People Talk about Disney World in Orlando and South Beach in Miami, ( The Gateway To The America's ).
Thousands of People are flocking to these Two Ever-growing, Under Construction with thousands of Construction Jobs, Nighttime Entertainment, open 24 Hours a day, 7 Days of the week of Living the American Way of Life. It's exactly what is Making these Two Strong Florida Cities into Giants for the Each End of the Super Fast 3 Hour Train Ride with Only Two Stops , Fort Lauderdale and West Palm Beach:cheers:.
Starting This Tuesday, September 2nd, 2014, For the Next 3 Years, and Completed IMO by the Christmas, 2017 / Winter Season, 2018, " All Aboard Florida " Connecting With " SunRail " in Orlando and MetroRail in Miami Will Be operating with at least 20 Locomotive Engines with 10 Train Cars each on F.E.C. Tracks already completed 80 % to date with Huge Terminals at the Four Gigantic Under Construction Stations , Approved, Funded and Building Contracts already Made and Signed to begin Construction Next Week.
The Over One Billion, I Say IMO Very Close to 2 Billion or more by 2018 in Private and Public Money and Bonds will be the Largest Construction Project ever done in Florida since the Henry Flagler, Florida East Coast Railroad from Jacksonville to Key West in the Early 20th Century. Now 100 Years Later:), and We will Live the F.E.C. Era Again with the New Modern Diesel Locomotive Engines of the 21st Century !!:cheers:
To Add also Miami Metro area now has a Population of 6 Million people and still growing strong, Just Like Orlando Metro area is Over 2 Million strong IMO, and also growing fast with ever expanding Walt Disney World and the now operating " SunRail " connecting Large Central Florida Cities with It's Newest Stations:).
I See and Hear many people ( Residents ) in these Two Major Metro Area Cities, Talking About " The Magic , and The Heat ", What I'm trying to say is to Help Tampa Grow, they need a Basketball Team, " The Tampa Bay Pirates " It could help generate more residents .:cheers:

I know Jasonhouse:), I'm a " little excited:nuts: " , anyway Happy 12th SSC Anniversary and I just had my 10th SSC Anniversary , Thank You for also being a Great Moderator and co-founder of this great SSC Website:cheers:
You know how I get at times, and I need to calm down now and have more coffee:lol:, thanks for warning me and never banned:bash: Me for being " too Excited " , It's been a long 10 Years since Miami Got it's Own Forum from the 12 year old Florida Forum started by You:), Thanks again for making The Miami Forum a Huge Success and May The Force Be With You !!:cheers:

·
Senior Button Pusher
17,166 Posts
^Holy shit.. Yeah It'll be the site's 12th anniversary this year.

I knew this site had the potential to be big, even with our focus on it being a completely non-monetized, grass roots community of urban enthusiasts. I also knew the global potential for growth was virtually unlimited. (most may not realize that early on, traffic was almost entirely driven by the US and European users. US alone was about 25-30% of the traffic very early on, then it settled at around 18-20% for a few years. I think now it's like 8-9% of traffic, it that much). But I don't ever think that I thought it would get to the point that annual pageviews are counted in the billions.

I didnt know that. Im going over there Tuesday. Whats the proper name of the area? I was confused last time.
This well help...

Interface is a little cumbersome, but this is the best DT map I've seen of late.
http://www.tampasdowntown.com/interactive-map.aspx

It shows DT attractions which will help with your visit, but it also shows the city's legal boundaries for its designated neighborhoods (like the Channel District). The map comes from our DT Partnership.

·
Native Flaw-ridian
3,173 Posts
Hard to believe that SSC has been around for 12 years already and that I have been a member for about 9 years so far. I happened to find this site by accident after doing a Google search on skyscrapers and tall buildings that have been built around the world. Skyscraperpage also popped up during my internet search, but at the time, there wasn't much activity going on there and I liked SSC's format much better. A special "Shout Out" to all the founders, moderators and members here on SSC and I'm certainly looking forward to the next 12 years for continued discussions on all things with regard to skyscrapers, transportation, technology and urban living!! :applause:

·
Mr. Justice
479 Posts
^Holy shit.. Yeah It'll be the site's 12th anniversary this year.

I knew this site had the potential to be big, even with our focus on it being a completely non-monetized, grass roots community of urban enthusiasts. I also knew the global potential for growth was virtually unlimited. (most may not realize that early on, traffic was almost entirely driven by the US and European users. US alone was about 25-30% of the traffic very early on, then it settled at around 18-20% for a few years. I think now it's like 8-9% of traffic, it that much). But I don't ever think that I thought it would get to the point that annual pageviews are counted in the billions.

This well help...

Interface is a little cumbersome, but this is the best DT map I've seen of late.
http://www.tampasdowntown.com/interactive-map.aspx

It shows DT attractions which will help with your visit, but it also shows the city's legal boundaries for its designated neighborhoods (like the Channel District). The map comes from our DT Partnership.
Thanks man. We might be moving to the Tampa Bay area way from Orlando. We're not enjoying what Orlando is doing as a city anymore. Think it's getting worse. This will help a lot.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
What's the issue with Orlando? Tampa might have same issue?
^^^^ Happy Labor Day Everyone :cheers:
Good Question and I definately have the # 1 Answer Jasonhouse:), Our SSC Friendly Family Still Florida Moderator to me and Co -Founder of Our great SSC Forum Friend:banana:, It's Growing too Fast, that's the Answer by most 1960's Residents Of OrlandoTown before Walt Disney Bought the Area !!:lol::nuts:
They Say Too many People are moving in to get close to the Theme Parks, It's true, Many are moving in Kissimmee, all along 192 and St. Cloud is growing fast , too, The Florida's Turn Pike has grown from a 4 Lane grassy median back in the 60's to a almost 10 Lanes in some areas around I -4 and still Jammed with Traffic all the way into Downtown , " It's growing Too Fast ", the old residents tell me all the time, I visit there a lot just to enjoy the Swan Paddle Boats in Elon Lake,
the Orlando International Airport has the same growing pains, always expanding , and the Beltway almost completely around Orlando is a Huge toll all the way round, and more Toll roads are being built and So Many are already there,
" Its Growing Too Fast "
I need to calm down Jasonhouse:), I got myself another cup of coffee here on Labor Day with No Jerry Lewis Telethon, it's boring here, :lol:

·
Registered
885 Posts
Good Question and I definately have the # 1 Answer Jasonhouse:), Our SSC Friendly Family Still Florida Moderator to me and Co -Founder of Our great SSC Forum Friend:banana:, It's Growing too Fast, that's the Answer by most 1960's Residents Of OrlandoTown before Walt Disney Bought the Area !!:lol::nuts:
They Say Too many People are moving in to get close to the Theme Parks, It's true, Many are moving in Kissimmee, all along 192 and St. Cloud is growing fast , too, The Florida's Turn Pike has grown from a 4 Lane grassy median back in the 60's to a almost 10 Lanes in some areas around I -4 and still Jammed with Traffic all the way into Downtown , " It's growing Too Fast ", the old residents tell me all the time, I visit there a lot just to enjoy the Swan Paddle Boats in Elon Lake,
the Orlando International Airport has the same growing pains, always expanding , and the Beltway almost completely around Orlando is a Huge toll all the way round, and more Toll roads are being built and So Many are already there,
" Its Growing Too Fast "
I need to calm down Jasonhouse:), I got myself another cup of coffee here on Labor Day with No Jerry Lewis Telethon, it's boring here, :lol:
Happy Labor day to you too!

·
Senior Button Pusher
17,166 Posts
Chuck... Yeah I love Orlando's Lake Eula too.

Coming to Tampa won't spare you from toll roads though. Rick Scott even went back and forcibly changed projects that are already construction, or in planning, to raise tolls and create tolls where none previously existed.

Like the Veterans Expressway expansion in Tampa. Was going to go from 2 standard toll lanes each way to 4 each way. Rick Scott had FDOT change it to 3 lanes each way, plus a Lexus Lane each way, that will cost up to $13 to take, each way.

Just like I-275's Howard Franklin Bridge across the bay... It's currently 4 toll free lanes each way. It get terribly congested, so the original plan was to expand to 5 or even 6 lanes each way, with at least 4 lanes continuing to be toll free. Instead, Rick Scott had it changed the new bridge to be 3 toll free lanes each way, and a costly Lexus Lane each way.

These same Lexus Lanes are also planned to be applied to the rest of I-275 through Tampa, and if Rick Scott is elected, you can bet the farm one of the first things he'll do as it relates to Tampa is to turn the median of I-4 into a toll road too. (it's been set aside for regional rail)

Suffer the many, for the benefit of the few... That's the GOP's vision for Florida.

·
Registered
8,784 Posts
You ever Walked around the Whole Lake and watched the Old Faithful Water Fountain in the Middle Jasonhouse:), Our SSC Friendly Family Still Florida Moderator to me and Co - Founder of # 1 SSC WebSite Friend:cheers:, Very True about Eola Lake ( will we ever get the right spelling:eek:hno::nuts::lol: ) and Park, and it's beautiful surroundings of Trees, Pathways, Big Swan Paddle Boats, Birds, Flowers and Mid Rise Glass Office Towers only up to 10 floors and New :), Orlando has grown alot since mt family moved down here from Baltimore , Maryland where I was born in late , 1954, yep , almost 60 with a metal Heart bypass valve put in me beating weird sounds at night :lol:, done one hour north of you at the Heart Institute at Bayonett Medical Center here in Hudson where most residents here are Democrats hating Rick Scott and wishing Charlie Crist was democrat before he was GOP as Governor:eek:hno:.
Jasonhouse:), you ever think why we always put in the wrong people to run our lives, me after voting the last 42 Years here in our almost 20 Million residents by 2020 Census Population prediction still can't find the right person to do things the right way, Like Charlie Crist says it's Right vs. Evil, enough politics, Back to the topic here:cheers:
yes, our State of Florida is full of Toll Roads now and since I have been here I Always remember my Dad sating the Florida Turnpike would be Paid off back in the 70's because I -95 Did Not go thru Broward, Palm Beach till the late 70's and finally completed the missing Link around Port St. Lucie in the 80's going 20 miles west , then back east, Unbelivable , the only part that John F Kennedy said woild Be FREE from Miami to Maine by the late 60's when the Man Lands on the Moon :lol::cheers:
well, anyway, Jason:)
Happy Labor Day 2014, many people who past away back in the early 80's thought the world would end with so many made 10 Warheads Each 5,000 each Country Nuclear MTS6 Missles, which over 500 are Still Active and ready to go up in the U.S.A. Today manned by 4 Servicemen Each 24/7 changing shifts and costing US Billions to keep them active and ready to go into only One Country and you know which one , too., Bit all are aimed for that one certain country, it's true, believe me, it could still end anytime, and we can't never have a problem with that one certain country, they can do any bad thing and we can't touch them or it's over.:eek:hno:
Too Much Coffee:eek:hno: , I'm sorry for getting " a Little excited :nuts:" I will delete if I said too much:bash:, But anyway, it's all about our future Growth in Florida Cities and trying to stay alive to see 20 Million residents We're Still here with 2015 Less than 4 Months away .:)
Yes, I am one Wild and Crazy SSC Member, Just ask any SSC Member that knows me for the Last 10 Years:banana:.
:)Have a Great Labor Day All and Every SSC Friendly Family Friend, God Bless and Happy 12th SSC Website Anniversary !!:cheers: To 12 More , I Hope :nuts::lol:

·
Mr. Justice
479 Posts
" Its Growing Too Fast "
Is Orlando growing too fast? Or are the leaders not doing enough to have the right business and corporations to come in ? The city of Orlando and Orange County cant not make any good decisions for anything that it's worth. We are a growing area but not making the right infrastructure and zoning decisions to set ourselves for a better tomorrow.

I personally think there could and should be changes but I am no position to make changes or make my voice heard. I feel like Orlando is going to get left behind again as it did last decade. But hopefully Chuck, I am wrong.

·
Mr. Justice
479 Posts
What's the issue with Orlando? Tampa might have same issue?
Tampa has issues I'm sure as any city. It simply may come down to a vibe thing. Tampa and Orlando Mirror each other in some ways. From lack of transportation infrastructure, to the physical display of neighborhoods and roads. But the many times I've visited Tampa, I've always been impressed with the change and growth there.
Living there could be different so who knows. Which is why I'm interested in these forums and finding out information from other sources such as you all.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts