SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey gorgeous

i stilll remember when i was 15 and this happened. It totally freaked me out especially having been to Port Arther that easter. All i can say is plz don't any of u do anything like that i know many of u must hate the world, but plz plz don't do anything like that. It was so distressing 2 hear what happened. poor families

·
Lacking an Akubra!
4,546 Posts
I don't really remember much with the Port Arthur Massacre, being 6 at the time but yeah, it is quite shocking to learn that one of the world's worst shooting spree's happening in our own part of the world.

·
©
9,473 Posts
Uh oh......Look whos back!!

Anyways, yes certainly very tragic. Makes you wonder what goes on in the minds of some people!! I remember this like it was yesterday. I can't believe it's been 10 years already!!

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Hard to believe it was 10 years ago.
I visited Port Arthur in December and made a point of visiting the memorial. Its a very fitting memorial - quite, peaceful and very moving.

I dont remember much of hearing the news - I was only 9, but I can distincly remember the ABC News coming on at 7pm with both my parents sitting on the couch screaming at us kids to shut up. We were completely oblivious to what was going on.

I can distinctly remember hearing about Princess Diana's death. I was partcipating in "Tournament of the Mines" and our school had finished our bit and were making our way home, we walked past the Principal who told my mum "Dodi is dead and Diana is seriously injured".
That arvo me and my mum went down to the Hawthorn Tram Depot, where all the old ladies were talking about it. By the time we got home, we had learnt on the radio that she was dead. I dont think we'll see another woman like her again.
Off topic I know, but worth a mention.

Let's hope that fuckwit Bryant rots in jail and later in hell!

·
Registered
77,003 Posts
i was 30 at the time, i remember like it was yesterday. bloody horrible. worst nightmare. feel sorry for all involved.how do you get over something like that?

·
©
9,473 Posts
^^
Is it possible to get over something like that?? Such a needless & horrifying act. Apparently Bryant is like a vegetable in jail.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts