SkyscraperCity banner

21 - 40 of 747 Posts

·
22,994 Posts
its vile...its like having a random piece of concrete. Its not artistically great. its like knocking down half a building and leaving the scraps as "art"

G

·
I have to agree - it is vile and a big dissappointment .. did Mfeketo have anything to do with choosing the winner ;) I still say that the statue of freedom should be built on Robben Island - faaar more symbolic.

G

·
How's this for comparison ...

NELSON MANDELA METROPOLE - 1.5 MILLION​

The metro has a population of 1.5 million, making it South Africa's fifth largest city in terms of population and the second largest in terms of area, and is one of five metropolitan areas in SA.

AUCKLAND - 1.35 MILLION​

The metro has a population of 1.35 million, making it New Zealand's largest city in terms of population and the second largest in the world in terms of geographical area (LA is the largest) and is one of 5 metropolitan areas in NZ.

Can you think of any other cities with the same population ?

·
22,994 Posts
yeh, but NZ is nothing without Auckland, South Africa doesnt even remember PE exists most of the time :)

But the Auckland skyline is impressive

G

·
dysan1 said:
yeh, but NZ is nothing without Auckland, South Africa doesnt even remember PE exists most of the time :)

But the Auckland skyline is impressive

LOL - it will be interesting to see what other World cities compare with PE .. the search begins but for now I am hitting the city streets and sedating my craveing for Starbucks ... cheers mate ! take care.

·
Registered
28,982 Posts
The statue is disgusting ...pointless to SOUTH AFRICAns...should have been on robben island and would have attracted far more tourists...one giant statue of nelson mandela holding possibly a cauldron with a flame would have been faaaar better....but mfeketo prob farted and those around her thought she said no...when i look at her i see a large fat DOF waste of space....we need someone bold imaginative and daring to use the potential that cape town has to the full

oh dear the grammar and spelling...its what happens at 01:10am

·
Registered
28,982 Posts
nobody even goes to PE last time there i was a little boi...stayed in a fab hotel though..even wrote them a letter to say thanks....hhahahaha

G

·
hmm.........I must be the only one who loves PE........but I hate the statue............it looks like it was never finished...........terrible........but love the city.

G

·
Mo Rush said:
The statue is disgusting ...pointless to SOUTH AFRICAns...should have been on robben island and would have attracted far more tourists...one giant statue of nelson mandela holding possibly a cauldron with a flame would have been faaaar better....but mfeketo prob farted and those around her thought she said no...when i look at her i see a large fat DOF waste of space....we need someone bold imaginative and daring to use the potential that cape town has to the full

oh dear the grammar and spelling...its what happens at 01:10am
It sounds as if you hate that "waste" more than I do .. HA HA .. Thanks for the laugh ;) I couldn't have said it better.

·
Cdnt think of N.E thng el
235 Posts
Here's some pics of P.E

·
22,994 Posts
hehe....i dont know jack shit about pe... so i'll believe anything....hmmm....nicky ur quite the fountain of knowledge.... :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hi All the first pic on this page is taken from the Donkin, shows the historic houses in Chapel Street, known commonly as the car wrecker, cos if you have an old car and you want to stuff it up, go up that road. And then obviously the 3rd pic is of the Donkin, strangely deserted, normally its full of people.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Coega is just a money making scheme by various political figures who are illegally associated with the companies that have been awarded the contracts, well in my opinion that is.
The statue is a monstrous waste of money that could be used by a million people in the city who could also tell you how to use that money, streets, lights, water, schools, food, creches, clinics, sewage collection, oh there are a hundred things that it could be used for, once again, corruption will win.

·
Registered
47 Posts
PE Harbour in the evening

PE Harbour in the day, from another angle

PE Harbour in the mist

PE Harbour at night

21 - 40 of 747 Posts