Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
first prize:Japan's Junya Ishigami

Port of Kinmen ferry terminal to be reconstructed as a man-made mountain range

The Taiwanese government is looking to build a new ferry terminal to accommodate an increasing passenger volume and also, foster a tourism industry for post-war Kinmen. After fielding proposals from around the globe, it was a concept from Japanese architecture firm Junya Ishigami that won out, the judges deeming its mountain-inspired design would best define their vision for Port of Kinmen in the 21st century.

http://www.gizmag.com/kinmen-ferry-terminal-mountain-range/32096/

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
although i like the first place's concept of a green, pro-environmental design and it only makes sense with present day's popular movement towards green design and would fit very well with kinmen's development as a tourist destination to promote her environment and natural beauty, idk i just feel like the design is underwhelming. cuz it just looks like a natural landscape i guess! i really love the third place's design. second place is my favorite after that. it looks very futuristic and thats what i want to see more of taiwan's architecture striving for. man, for once why cant taiwanese architecture competitions pick the winner that i prefer??? :(

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I like the 3rd one best as well. The 2nd one is so typical though. dont know about the first one, might not end up looking good

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I like the 3rd one best as well. The 2nd one is so typical though. dont know about the first one, might not end up looking good

yes i can see that you have good taste like me of course. :D but 2nd place is typical? where else do you see architecture like that that makes it so typical?

and i bet the architect got his design inspiration from these tetra concrete blocks that cover taiwan/kinmen's coastline:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts