SkyscraperCity banner

81 - 83 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
I can't believe Allegiant is a real discussion. If anyone wants to take the yes on baseball there, tell me how much you want to bet, I'll accept any odds you name.
Oh I know they can't play baseball there. If you read closely, I'm pretty much hinting as much. I just prefer to reply to various posters in a polite manner. Instead of saying Allegiant is a ridiculous idea, just point out why it can't be done.

·
Registered
17,598 Posts
Oh I know they can't play baseball there. If you read closely, I'm pretty much hinting as much. I just prefer to reply to various posters in a polite manner. Instead of saying Allegiant is a ridiculous idea, just point out why it can't be done.
Did you mention that Davis would be removed as an NFL owner with effect retroactive to before he gave permission? lol.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Did you mention that Davis would be removed as an NFL owner with effect retroactive to before he gave permission? lol.
I think the key factor is that the A's and Raiders don't like each other. If the A's were to move to Vegas, it would be because the city or Henderson would be willing to give them the same sweetheart deal that they did with the Raiders as opposed to the franchises "wanting to be together again" which is obviously not the case.

Maybe Portland isn't the best place for MLB. Who knows? What I do know is that they've been outspoken about getting a team. The fan support for is there. I just think that if it's to fall apart, it's the political will that will get in the way which is usually the case in these left wing cities. I just think these small market places like Charlotte and Nashville are already spread thin and have issues with one their current franchises in regards to attendance or franchise value to the point where a 3rd team would really spread it thin. Portland is the largest one horse town outside of San Diego so it would seem to make sense if they get past the politics.

81 - 83 of 83 Posts