SkyscraperCity banner

1161 - 1180 of 1300 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
^^
"Quando o presidente da CBF (José Maria Marin) nos pediu para jogar em Porto Alegre, todos nós aceitamos. E dissemos que seria ótimo, porque lembramos em 2001, quando encaminhamos a classificação para a Copa do Mundo. Hoje (domingo) vi um esforço muito grande da torcida. É esse ambiente que esperamos ter em Brasília, Fortaleza, Salvador... " (Scolari, coach of the Brazilian national football team)

·
Taking On The World
26,331 Posts
what a terrible public! :eek:hno:

It was quiet... If birds were passing there we could had heard them :lol:
the brazilian public is never very loud when it comes about the Brazil team.

but yesterday specially it was a good thing that the public in Porto Alegre is not that loud or passionate. Because the same level of passion they display in some other parts of Brazil QUICKLY TURN TO ANGER (boos against the team) when Brazil is not playing well.

Brazil got out of the field APPLAUDED after the first 45 minutes. Even if it was a 0-0 draw! That doesnt happen elsewhere in Brazil.

The team returned with less pressure, and that may have helped with the result.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Who's with me that this Arena should host World Cup matches and not the Beira Rio stadium?

The stands are a lot closer to the field and it gives a lot more atmosphere. The standing area can be converted into a seated area.

The Beira Rio is still heavily under construction but will never be as nice as this Arena!

·
Taking On The World
26,331 Posts
Who's with me that this Arena should host World Cup matches and not the Beira Rio stadium?
well, half of Porto Alegre is with you. :lol:

The Beira Rio is still heavily under construction but will never be as nice as this Arena!
well, interesting enough, many brazilians think Beira Rio will be the nicest stadium in the Cup... because they think the external view is beautiful... :p

·
Registered
7,153 Posts
Surely this should be in the Completed thread now?

They have begun demolishing Gremio's old stadium.
The implosion of the old stadium will be in October 2013.

They have started now, precisely, the process of transfer of administrative activities.

Missing completion the shopping area of the project: memorial, shops, restaurants, ...

·
Banned
9,271 Posts
I really like the end result of this stadium. It looks much better then the previous renderings, which is very pleasent to the eye! Porto Alegre will son have 2 world class stadia which isn´t a bad thing at all I might add!

1161 - 1180 of 1300 Posts