Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
world citizen
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
>>>BONUS<<<(a super panoramic of POA by GersonLDN)

·
Registered
918 Posts
Brazilian cities always look so beautiful. Many of the buildings look like they were built in the 1970s though. Did Brazil have a heyday of construction in the 70s?
Osaka experienced a lull in development during the 1990s after the go-go years of the 60s,70s and 80s so most of the buildings here look 25 years and older.

·
world citizen
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What a pity! Brazilian city are never commented, or at least they are commented by other Brazilians and always by the same non-Brazilians. There is no need to post it in this eurocentristic and americanistic section as well as in citytalk and urban issues. It is sad!!! :eek:hno: :sleepy:
:(

Let's go guys, comments!!

·
world citizen
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
^^ It's an avenue and the name is Ipiranga Avenue.

·
Registered
99 Posts
What a pity! Brazilian city are never commented, or at least they are commented by other Brazilians and always by the same non-Brazilians. There is no need to post it in this eurocentristic and americanistic section as well as in citytalk and urban issues. It is sad!!! :eek:hno: :sleepy:
That is sad if people don't respond to brazilian city posts. I love seeing them! Thanks for these great pics of PO (especially that panorama!). PO looks alot bigger than 1,3 million, though. Is that just the city population? What's the metro?

·
world citizen
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That is sad if people don't respond to brazilian city posts. I love seeing them! Thanks for these great pics of PO (especially that panorama!). PO looks alot bigger than 1,3 million, though. Is that just the city population? What's the metro?
Yes, the city population is 1.3Million and the metro population is 3.7Million :cheers:

·
Registered
物の哀れ
27,082 Posts
brazil- i love the cities there. porto alegre is amazing. i love the green and the parks are awesome. the predios (did i say it right? ;) have an awesome design. thanks for the phototour:banana:

·
Taking On The World
26,585 Posts
its city only pop. As Psychadelic already answered, the metro pop is 3,7 million. But other cities in the metro all have their own skylines with lots of highrises.

in this photo, you can see the skylines of Novo Hamburgo (front) and São Leopoldo (back), two cities that belong to the metro area of Porto Alegre. Novo Hamburgo has 250k people and São Leopoldo 200k.

also, let me add to the thread these other POA pictures, showing Borges de Medeiros avenue in downtown

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
I like that big city look that almost all Brazilian cities have. P.A looks great along with her suburbs. Definitely my favorite country of Latin America without a doubt.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
its city only pop. As Psychadelic already answered, the metro pop is 3,7 million. But other cities in the metro all have their own skylines with lots of highrises.

in this photo, you can see the skylines of Novo Hamburgo (front) and São Leopoldo (back), two cities that belong to the metro area of Porto Alegre. Novo Hamburgo has 250k people and São Leopoldo 200k.

Aces, the Porto Alegre metro pop is 4,1 million, numbers of 2006 (IBGE est.).

1 - 20 of 42 Posts